Computer Help forum

Question

Error 0xc000007b?

by ComradeAndres / December 3, 2017 11:57 AM PST

I'm trying to start a game, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, to be more exact. Howerer every time I try to start it error 0xc000007b appears. I already updated DirectX and vcredist, and nothing. Tried to install the game updates too, nothing. It still says the same, tried to repair my computer's DLLs, howerer after running several test, it seems there is nothing wrong with my computer's files. What do I do!?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Error 0xc000007b?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Error 0xc000007b?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Have you tried...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 12:25 PM PST
In reply to: Error 0xc000007b?

the latest .net framework?
Dafydd.

Collapse -
Yep
by ComradeAndres / December 3, 2017 12:29 PM PST
In reply to: Have you tried...

Even that. Every single solution I found online and still nothing. I'm desperate!

Collapse -
Answer
Too many fixes?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 12:49 PM PST
https://www.google.com/search?q=Wolfenstein+2+0xc000007b finds a lot of folk in this boat. Given the number of open discussions the common problem here is there are too many causes and fixes.

My advice is to try them one by one. WARNING. If any ask for money or point you to Driver Fixer, Driver Updater, Registry Repair, IoBIT and a rather long list of bad software, well that's not the right fix.
Collapse -
Thank you, but...
by ComradeAndres / December 3, 2017 12:54 PM PST
In reply to: Too many fixes?

The reason I ended up asking here is because I already tried most of this and none seem to work. I tried looking around them again but every solution I found is one I already tried. Thank you anyway!

Collapse -
Then the news is grim.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 1:01 PM PST
In reply to: Thank you, but...

It has to be something not covered like bad hardware, infected OS, poor choice of drivers, or something that wasn't covered.

DON'T GIVE UP. NEVER SURRENDER. HERE'S WHAT WE DO NEXT.

But before that I will not duplicate ANY of the prior fixes in the top 20 discussions I found. This means that if you come back and tell me it was "simple" and it's in the search above, you know why I didn't suggest it.

OK, What do I need now? The Web Speccy on this machine so I can see what I can see.
Read how at https://www.piriform.com/docs/speccy/using-speccy/publishing-a-speccy-profile-to-the-web

Collapse -
I see...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 1:28 PM PST
In reply to: Here

McAfee and Avast running. Why 2 AVs?
Dafydd.

Post was last edited on December 3, 2017 1:31 PM PST

Collapse -
Had problems with virus in the past
by ComradeAndres / December 3, 2017 1:30 PM PST
In reply to: I see...

But my computer is clear now. I guess I forgot to deactivate McAfee. Do I do so?

Collapse -
Put more than one Master Chef in the kitchen.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 1:30 PM PST
In reply to: I see...

And blammo.

I'll be back with a longer reading but more than one AV? Why should that work?

Collapse -
Well
by ComradeAndres / December 3, 2017 1:41 PM PST

I dont actually know what I was thinking, at the moment I feel I needed scans with more antivirus after cleaning up my computer. Now it just feels useless as you say though. Should I uninstall one?

Collapse -
Normal rule is...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 1:44 PM PST
In reply to: Well

one AV. Two can cause all sorts of issues. Pick one to uninstall.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
Answer
A Speccy reading. It's not a happy one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 1:47 PM PST

1. More than one AV. Look. W10 has a good enough AV. Eject them all for now.

2. Bytefence and what else?

Look. Someone has piled in multiple protection systems. This is done as long as you expect trouble. I do.

3. Update Checker. The more I read the more I see junkware.
https://filehippo.com/updatechecker+ Nope folk, this and driver updaters are the road to BSOD.

4. Driver Easy. More? Drivers are NEVER updated just because there is a new version. If it works, NEVER EVER UPDATE. This is a great way to tank a good PC.

I'm going with "this is just a messed up system."

Collapse -
I think the Win 10 media creator tool...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 1:56 PM PST

is going to come into play here Bob. Hope the OP has backups.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
Did everything you told me
by ComradeAndres / December 3, 2017 2:47 PM PST

Still same error message

I will loose my mind if this keeps the way it is

Collapse -
This is just a reading.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 2:58 PM PST

It points to a problematic OS. That driver updater could have installed an un-needed and could upset the apple cart version of a driver. But which one?

It's sad to see such in a machine since you can't tell them "this will fix it." What usually works is a fresh install, avoiding driver updaters, all those shields and then for BIOS to drivers, what the maker publishes and tells you to use.

Collapse -
You may have to reload Win 10.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / December 3, 2017 2:59 PM PST

Since your machine had Win 10 home on it you could use the Win10 mediator creation tool to reinstall. Bare in mind you will lose everything on the PC unless you have backups of your data.
Seems to me a fresh start is the only way here.
Dafydd.

Post was last edited on December 3, 2017 3:01 PM PST

Collapse -
I decided to do so
by ComradeAndres / December 4, 2017 12:22 PM PST

I'm about to reinstall Win 10 now, I'll tell you the result when I'm finished

Collapse -
32 bit vs 64 bit
by James Denison / December 4, 2017 1:06 PM PST
In reply to: I decided to do so
"When user try to execute any application or game on their windows system then, 0xc000007b/0xc000007b error appears suddenly and stop the user to execute their tasks. ... It means you have a 32 bit application that attempts to load a 64 bit dll.Jan 27, 2016"

http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0xc000007b
Collapse -
AHHH!
by ComradeAndres / December 5, 2017 8:12 AM PST

Didnt work! I reinstalled windows 10 and it still doesnt work!

Collapse -
Then hardware is suspect.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2017 8:17 AM PST
In reply to: AHHH!

Or the reinstall procedure is bad. We can start with a BLANK HDD and install W10 so did you do that?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?