Desktops forum

General discussion

Erm, building new comp, dus any1 know compatabilities?

by yubi_knows_nothing / November 23, 2005 3:00 AM PST

i wanna get started on my own custom pc, which i hope to ugrade later.
I have parts like CD rom, and Floppy drive, and a harddrive, also a monitor, and keyboard and mouse.
I checked out oveclocking.com becase my friend recomended it and he has built many computers.

heres what i found. I was just wondering if any1 knew if the parts were compatible with each other, i have a socket 939 motherboard, and a socket 939 cpu. its SLI too.

CASE :CoolerMaster Centurion 530 - Black (No PSU) (CA-083-CM)

PSU :Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU - Red UV (CA-008-HP)

CPU :AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3200BPBOX) (CP-118-AM)

RAM :Crucial 1GB DDR PC3200 CAS3 (CT12864Z40B) (MY-030-CR)

SOUNDCARD :Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card - OEM (SC-040-CL)

MOTHERBOARD :Gigabyte K8N SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-040-GI)

GRAPHICS CARD (SLI ready) :XFX GeForce PCX6600 GT Extreme Gamers Edition 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (PVT43GNDD7) (GX-046-XF)

I would be happy if any pro's or experts would tell just from looking. thankyou.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Erm, building new comp, dus any1 know compatabilities?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Erm, building new comp, dus any1 know compatabilities?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
u would have to reinstall the OS
by nerdyboy1234 / November 23, 2005 6:56 AM PST

also i would considering getting the nvidia 6800gs instead for the gfx card.

also the ram isnt very good. i would get something from ocz or corsair xms but i'm not sure about your budget

also u can skimp down on the cpu. go with the 3000+ venice core. 3200+ is not that much of a boost.

also i dont think the sound card is necessary.

and i never heard of the company of your psu b4.

but other than that pretty good.

and depending on the price of the mobo, u could change it to something from asus, msi, or dfi.
all of those are good. others which are pretty good would be epox, chaintech, abit, etc.

but the gigabyte one would be good.

Collapse -
Tar
by yubi_knows_nothing / November 24, 2005 7:52 PM PST

Big help

ive gon 4 the 3000, coz like u sed the 3200 aint tht much betta

thanks lots
asg

Collapse -
RE:
by damasta55r / November 23, 2005 1:44 PM PST

I would look into a Better psu, a dvd-rom, or media-card reader? Don't forget extra fans for cooling, windows and arctic silver 5,if you don't have windows cd, but oem or layman, if you have a store-bought windows computer's hard drive. Crucial ram, suggest change to corsair value instead.

Other than that, looks good.

Roger

Collapse -
video card
by ddbpack / November 23, 2005 2:19 PM PST

i would if i were you try and go to nvidia78oogtx

Collapse -
Thanks
by yubi_knows_nothing / November 24, 2005 7:47 PM PST
In reply to: video card

cheers thanks im going to look into that.

Ash

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!