General discussion

erase hard drive and reload to the origanal when i purchased

This is a h/p computer about 6 years old lap top with windows xp home.
It has gotten so slow would like to start over not in need of keeping
any programs or things I have put on machine. Just bring back to when new. then I will start over.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: erase hard drive and reload to the origanal when i purchased
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: erase hard drive and reload to the origanal when i purchased
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yep, doable...

Just pop in the original XP disk, reformat your hard drive, and reinstall. If there is anything you want to save, make sure you back up to an external hard drive because everything will be wiped with the reinstall.

Cheers,
Cassandra

- Collapse -
You are right

You are right

- Collapse -
(NT) She's half right only.
- Collapse -
And after reinstalling XP ...

put in the driver CD, and let it install all drivers.

It could be HP gave you a special recovery disk which combines Windows and drivers into one.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info