quadcore processor, 7200rpm hard drive, dedicated graphics card, and at
least 4-6gb of memory.
I can't seem to find a PC Laptop that looks even remotely like what I
want. I have been a pc user for years, and am used to the windows
operating system. I do a lot of graphic
work with photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, etc. Is there a PC laptop
out there that looks as good without being so bulky and geared towards
"gamers" ?? I am not a gamer. I
want to do graphic work. please help. Oh and by the way, i am looking for a 15.6" screen size.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Equivilant to a MacBook Pro
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Equivilant to a MacBook Pro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Are you sure?

ALL and I mean ALL QUAD CORE powered laptops look to run on the hot side. To the point these are not laptops unless you like thigh burns.

Almost all are going to be GAMER machines so accept these issues or recenter your wants with current available technology.

The bulk must be there to absorb and then remove the heat from the CPU and GPU. Also with such power we need a bigger battery to get at least a hour of battery time.
Bob

- Collapse -
thigh burners

are you saying that the macbook pro quadcore is a thigh burner too?

- Collapse -
Not as bad.

Go to the Apple store and try them out. Apple tends to think ahead and the case is great at spreading the heat.

Also you can get the dual core i7 and avoid the issue. Remember gamer laptops are a compromise which folk need to think over. Heat, life span, battery time, etc.
Bob

- Collapse -
You are wanting high power

in a slim case? The more power you have the more you need air flow. I just purchased an acer 8950G way bigger then what u want but it has the new Sandy Bridge i7 quad core. I added an SSD drive and move the 750 gb 5400 RPM drive to the second bay (windows performance went from 5.9 to 6.9 in drive performance). I have 8 gig of ram and 2 gb on the graphics card. My laptop runs between 40 & 60 degrees centigrade which isn't too bad.

- Collapse -
I've got just the thing,

HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition customizable Notebook ?2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2720QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz ?1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M Graphics, 6GB DDR3 System Memory 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive ? 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (over-sized) - Up to 9.75 hours of battery life ?15.6" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080 FULL HD) ?SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support ?Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) with Wireless Display Support ?Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad, Dimensions 14.88" (W) x 9.71" (D) x 1.23" (min H)/1.39" (max H) Thinness 1.23" Weight 5.78 lbs
TOTAL; $1,370.99 ( W/O Taxes)

compare that to the 15MBP Below:

15-inch MacBook Pro

Configuration
2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 ,4GB 1333MHz DDR3 , 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm SuperDrive 8x (DVD

CNET Forums

Forum Info