Question

Epson Workforce 645 Printer Won't Print in Black

I gave my parents an Epson Workforce 645 printer and my Mom uses it to print a lot of travel-related documents (e-mails from travel agents, upcoming deals on cruises, etc.) to show my 85-year-old Dad who doesn't know (or have the patience to learn) how to use a computer.

Long story short, a few months ago, the aforementioned printer stopped printing my Mom's e-mails and web-based documents in black ink. The web pages and e-mails do print altogether, but the text is coming out a strange green/blue color, where the text used to be black. Also, the pictures and other color items don't appear to be effected - just the text.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you found a solution? I tried something that worked about a month ago (but I don't remember what I did now) that fixed it when I was at their house; the problem has since reappeared, so I'm looking for a long-term fix without having to buy them a brand new printer. Also, all of the ink levels - especially the extra large capacity black ink - are perfect and full.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate any feedback you are able to offer!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Epson Workforce 645 Printer Won't Print in Black
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Epson Workforce 645 Printer Won't Print in Black
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Have you tried cleaning the print heads?

How to do is in the Epson software.
Dafydd.

- Collapse -
Answer
Epson admits it has not entirely black print mode.

CNET Forums