Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

Epson printer C120

by Wilsonx / February 25, 2011 3:20 AM PST

My printer quits when it shows that it is low on ink. Problem is it won't tell which of the 4 cartridges is low or out. I check the Supply Levels and it says, "Information Not Available". Then clever me goes to "Utility" to print a test page and determine the culprit(s) but it won't let me because, yes you guessed it, I need to "Replace Cartridge". I've gone to Epson's web page and downloaded all the current drivers for my Mac desktop Snow Leopard OS 10.6.6. When I emailed HELP at Epson, the sent me links to the drivers I have already downloaded and installed. I tell them this and they still send me the same links. Nobody's really reading my email.

Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Epson printer C120
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Epson printer C120
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Find a Windows machine for that task.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 25, 2011 4:44 AM PST
In reply to: Epson printer C120

I've seen it work on Windows and while this is an unacceptable answer it is the only one I know of today.

Collapse -
Epson
by Wilsonx / February 25, 2011 7:02 AM PST

It used to work. Also I have an Epson CX7800 All-in-one connected and it does the same thing except for the printer's own screen which will identify the culprit. They both used to work. Maybe it's going from Leopard to Snow Leopard?

Collapse -
One thing to check here is that you are
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 25, 2011 7:49 AM PST
In reply to: Epson

actually using an Epson driver and not a GIMP driver.

This "should" not effect the utility though.

I have Print Utility 3 for use with my Epson Photo R380, what version of Print Utility do you have?

P

Collapse -
Epson
by Wilsonx / February 25, 2011 9:09 AM PST

Where would I find it? I went through System Profiler and didn't see anything. From Epson, I downloaded Printer Driver 3.81 and Epson EasyPrint 3.10 both compatible with OS 10.6.

Collapse -
Print Utility should be in the Applications folder
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 25, 2011 10:26 PM PST
In reply to: Epson

System Profiler does not show information about installed software

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?