Question

Epson FX890II feeds extra blank page when done

Wife's company added a new Epson FX890II to replace a broken FX890 (notice the missing II). They are using Windows XP believe it or not.

Nothing has changed beyond installing the drivers and it prints the documents from their software just fine except it ejects an extra blank page after printing is done. This did not happen with the old printer.

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Epson FX890II feeds extra blank page when done
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Epson FX890II feeds extra blank page when done
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
The key word here may be DOCUMENTS.

Folk have struggled with WORD and extra pages for decades. Time and time again it's a blank page that shows with I view the document in Word.

As to why documents change when the printer changes, that's how Windows works.
If you want to lock down a document, try making a PDF next time.

- Collapse -
Except it's not Word

It's Mas90 accounting software. After further investigation, it appears it might be that software and not the printer.

Post was last edited on November 20, 2019 3:09 PM PST

- Collapse -
So reports?
- Collapse -
Normally

Normally I would blast somebody for not using proper Google searches for solving their own problems and here I do the same thing.

Thanks for the help. My only excuse would be I wasn't aware, initally, that the problem was with the Mas90 software.

- Collapse -
Blast free zone.

Hopefully my quick but dirty research helps solve it. Not always because I do encounter folk that "use" apps but don't master them. I'm not able to really offer the cure because I haven't seen this accounting system in about two decades.

CNET Forums

Forum Info