Peripherals forum

General discussion

epson cx5800f hans up print jobs in spooler

by redhead4a / October 4, 2006 10:36 PM PDT

I have an epson cx5800f multifunction all in one printer and windows xp. After installing, it works once and the second printing task doesn't happen. I bought the printer 9/14 and have installed and uninstalled it maybe 15x so I could print something. That only makes it work sometimes. I find my print jobs remain in the spooling folder under control panel, printer and faxes and they can't all be cancelled. The first print job remains. I go to administrative tools, services and print spooler and start and restart and that works, MAYBE. I have spoken with Epson tech support, they say it is a problem with windows. I downloaded additional drivers that epson had on their site. They were totally, not my problem, call microsoft. I have always had an epson and never a problem with it or my computer but the printer head died when I changed the black cartridge on my cx5400 and the epson store recommended this one. It has been a nightmare and I have logged 31 hours trying to make it work. Has anyone any ideas what to do. The usb is connected correctly, installed correctly,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: epson cx5800f hans up print jobs in spooler
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: epson cx5800f hans up print jobs in spooler
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 4, 2006 10:52 PM PDT
Collapse -
Found the solution
by redhead4a / October 5, 2006 1:24 PM PDT

Epson is of no help, they say it is Windows problem and call Microsoft. Well, XP was on my HP computer, so Microsoft says call HP.

HP on line chat tech support said, simply, and why couldn't Epson tell me this, GO to Control panel, printer and faxes, right click on printer, properties, advanced features, and check off- print directly to printer.
That worked for me,

Collapse -
Epson CX5800F
by mnhlcvr / February 22, 2007 9:42 PM PST
In reply to: Found the solution

I'm almost ready to drop this device from a tall building. I stumbled upon your issue on the forum. Are you saying that "Print Directly to Printer" should be checked? How has the device been working for you?

Collapse -
PIECE OF JUNK !!!
by SHEILA ELSEA / June 22, 2007 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Epson CX5800F

Epson Stylus CX5800F:

This printer has given me problems since the day i bought it 3 months ago. I ALWAYS USED EPSON PRINTERS. I AM ON A MAC COMPUTER. It prints when it wants to , @ 40% of the time. 60 % of time ...NADA...

It does not matter what program I am using either, it does want it wants , when it wants. HORRIBLE printer. I want to throw it into the lake!! I am buying a new printer, I can not keep wasting time constantly battleing this thing.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER !!!!

Collapse -
Epson Printers
by gerrytwo / August 11, 2007 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: PIECE OF JUNK !!!

I also have the Epson 5800 All In One bought refurbished from the Epson Store. I used a $45 coupon from the Epson ink settlement to pay part of the cost. The 5800 printed a few sheets okay annd has now gone into a funk. The "print directly to printer" checkoff has not worked well for me.

I am not certain, but it seems that this printer can have a defective data memory chip in it. Instead of temporarily storing and then releasing the print information so it can be printed, this chip will freeze. Epson has been so intent on modifying their printers and print cartridges to block the use of generic ink cartridges, Epson has ignored any hardware problems.

I had an Epson R220 printer that I used to print over a thousand DVDR covers with almost no problems, once I learned to push in the DVD tray to help the feed mechanism. That unit's only problem was the built-in obsolescence caused by overflow ink pads that became saturated and signalled a fatal "Service Required" error.

I will use the Epson 5800 as a standalone fax machine. Whoever Epson had as a designer who knew his stuff must have moved on, leaving a bunch of computer illiterate MBAs to run things.

Collapse -
Agree: Epson is junk
by dfwx22 / February 27, 2008 10:04 AM PST
In reply to: Epson Printers

Having a large stock of ink cartridges, when the first Espon CX3810 stopped working after less than 3 months, I regretably bought a 2nd one. The Epson is rediculously slow even on black and white text.

This second one lasted less than 2 months. For no apparent reason the paper jammed. After removing the paper, that was the last time it ever printed. Prior to this, about 25% of the time it took numerous turning the printer on and off, rebooting the computer and even reloading drivers.

It truly is a piece of junk. The print quality if pitiful, it has to be the slowest printer on market even if in black text only mode, and definitely completely unreliable. I agree with another poster that Epson printers used to be quality, but now they are just junk. I would guess they are now made in China, though the quality is low even by Chinese standards. Find HP products generally awful, it's back to Canon for me.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?