Peripherals forum

General discussion

Epson CX3200 Drivers for Windows Vista

by Krudomanic / November 19, 2006 4:36 AM PST

I have an Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One Printer Scanner and there are not drivers available only for Windows XP. I cannot begin to understand why manufactures take a back seat when it comes to the biggest change over of an operating system since Windows NT and then Windows 2000. Does anybody know if there are going to be any printer drivers for Windows Vista because there is no mention on their website about supporting Windows Vista at all?

Without the drivers I cannot use the printer...? Ditto basically, I find it very annoying when manufactures take a back seat when it comes to a new operating system. Windows Vista is the biggest changeover of an operating system since Windows NT and Windows 2000.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Epson CX3200 Drivers for Windows Vista
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Epson CX3200 Drivers for Windows Vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have you been on this ride before?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2006 4:45 AM PST

With the debut of each version the makers wait till it ships.

Since Vista has not shipped, there is no cause to beat them up yet.

Collapse -
Not as simple as it seems....
by Willy / November 19, 2006 11:22 PM PST

Plainly put, 'how do you expect any company to support something that's not even released yet'?

Until Vista is released and vendors/makers decide what products to support in the future, it's a crap-shoot. The polite answer is you have to wait and see.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Pretty simple for 64bit edition...
by kcirtap09 / January 30, 2007 1:38 AM PST

I also own an Epson CX3200 and was running Vista Ultimate 64bit. I was driving myself insane trying to find a driver that would work. I finally wen tback to Epson's website and decided to try their "Driver v1.0 for Windows XP 64bit". I installed it using their setup.exe and it works fine. My printer however is shared over my home network and Epson's auto-find after install wouldn't recognize Vista'a virtual USB port. Nevertheless, I uninstalled the software's default Lpt1 location for the printer and set the default printer for the one Vista installed off the network on the Virtual USB port. Everything seems to work fine, it just lacks the ability of using Epson's printer monitoring software. I would assume hooking the printer up directly would save all of that headache though. Hope this is some help.

Collapse -
driver for vista
by mrdartman / May 4, 2007 12:13 PM PDT

try cx3200(m) driver works for me no problems with vista ultra

Collapse -
trouble with my stylus cx3200
by leewhitehouse86 / February 10, 2008 10:50 PM PST
In reply to: driver for vista

can anybody help me, i just brought a new laptop with vusta home edition on it. i tried to set up my epson stylus 3200 and it seemed to install but when i click print nothing happens. It recognises that the printer is there and even when i go to maintenance n click "clean printer head" it does it??? Why does it not recognise when i clikc print.
Any help please

Collapse -
Try notepad
by hawk9934 / February 11, 2008 2:51 AM PST

I would try printing in notepad or making sure that the printer is selected as the default (I know, it isn't the best, but that is what I can think of now).

I would also uninstall and reinstall the driver.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?