The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Episode Prize fight 922 VS 923

by Balls_Maximus / March 5, 2009 12:26 AM PST

I try to ease tension, and make everyone feel good, however I must express that yesterday's episode 923 was far inferior to 922.

It's a personal pref sure, but having Tom, Jason, and Cooley was much more fluid and entertaining to me. I still wince a little at Nat's audio levels on transitions, and still feel she has a condescending attitude towards people and ideas that don't stroke her interests, so it was a nice little break.

Look people, this show is and should be a quality program, It may not be the hosts fault, but when Nat's voice booms over my radio speakers, making me reach for the knob, it gets annoying. Then in yesterday's episode Nat made some sort of under the breath political comment to Tom, that was inaudible without rewinding and turning up. Jason, I know there's not much you can do with an uncompressed signal from an unseen microphone.

Can't we bring her in on a separate channel and add some compression/limiting in the chain? My ears will thank you.

Lastly, Cooley was skyped in, not in the studio, and I rarely noticed the lack of chemistry. Don't go all crazy on replies that Cooley is a ham, a radio guy, he better trained, etc. If that's your initial reaction it proves my point. The show works best with someone who has both knowledge and personality to chat alongside Tom.

This shows in the cast differences of 923, and 922.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, or even worse beat a living horse, because beating horses, dead or alive, is WRONG! So, let's keep up the good work, I listened to each 922 and 923 and got good relevant information out of each, I just enjoyed 922 more.

Lastly, I think the show would benefit from live callers. We all watch the show being recorded, and in situations like the great e-mail flood of HDMI - DVI connector Well-actuallies, someone could have just called in, been screened, and 2 secs later, been done. I like the voicemail but guys, it's kinda backwards. We in the chat can do this, but look at every broadcast radio show, they all take live callers.

I'll even be the call screener.
BOL Hello
Hi this is Mark the Demigod
Hi Mark what's on your mind?
I want to ask Natali out on a date
Get in line dude :::click:::

BOL Hello
Hi this is John Lenientland calling in with a well actualy to the hdmi and dvi connection.
How so,
well they are the same thing, just no audio,
Sure, we'll get you on, please hold.

Tom: We have a call from John Lenientland, he's calling you out Cooley,
Cooley, bring him on
John, Hey guys its the same blah blee blue blah,
Cooley, I just don't like adapters, someone tell this call screener that I hate adapters and never send me an adapter call ever again.

Anyway, I digress, what episode did you think was better? Or constructively please, what was good and bad about each episode. Please write your answers in the form of an essay.

Dr.B Maximus

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Episode Prize fight 922 VS 923
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Episode Prize fight 922 VS 923
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!