General discussion

Envelope Printing on an HP 656C

When I try to print an envelope, preferably in Filemaker Pro, the return address cannot print the first 4 characters. Microsoft Word has the identical problem.

Suggestions?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Envelope Printing on an HP 656C
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Envelope Printing on an HP 656C
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Maybe you are too close to the edge of the printable area

try moving the address box to the right a little and enlarging the text box too

P

- Collapse -

Thanks for your response.

I've moved it in and it made no difference unless I moved it in far enough to look like an address and not a return address. That is not professional looking.

- Collapse -
Agreed

Any chance you could alter the margins on that template?

I print envelopes from FMP without your problem.

P

- Collapse -

Thanks for your response.

I've tried that. I think the problem is FMP doesn't talk very clearly to my HP 656C. The HP has the same problem with Word but not with a $500,00 app, "Letters and Envelopes".

- Collapse -
Five hundred dollar app!!

Surely a typographical error there. Happy

P

- Collapse -
Typo

$50.00 is the cost of the app.

- Collapse -
Much better, but,

still a little expensive for what is really a little utility.

Avery Pro does a similar thing, envelopes and labels, and is free.

I don't suppose you have another printer to test your theory about the printer being the problem?

P

- Collapse -
HP Printer Problems

I have two more printers attached to my Dell PC. I might try to see if the Epson would check on the HP as a viaraible. Good idea!

- Collapse -
HP 656 Envelope Printing

I downloaded the Avery product you suggested and - please forgive my density - I see nothing that pertains to envelopes.

Suggestions?

- Collapse -
Ooops,

been a while since I used it and I obviously confused the Return labels with the Return address on the envelope.

Sorry about that, at least it was free.

P

- Collapse -
Solved

This Post is closed.

CNET Forums

Forum Info