Phones forum

General discussion

enV2 quit charging

My son's second enV2 just quit charging, this is an insurance replacement because the first quit also. The circuit city verizon kiosk told us it was the phone, not the charger the first time, we went to the Verizon store to be sure, they told us it was both. They wouldn't warranty because there were many scratches on the phone, although none near the charging receptacle. He carrys phones around in his pocket, texts constantly so its in and out, in and out. Drops in his back pack pocket with change, etc. We could't get a cover for it. So, it looked like he damaged it.
Now, the same thing. Any one else having the same problem???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: enV2 quit charging
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: enV2 quit charging
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Env2 charging

In reply to: enV2 quit charging

i just got the env2 yesterday, as i was on my 3rd env1. I kept having problems with the charger, and the phone would turn off by itself when calling, txting, etc. Well i sent the insurance company my original env back, and they sent back a refurbished one, that upon arrival would not charge, so i sent it back immediately. I received a brand new env package from verizon wireless (versus refurbished from insurion) and worked great for awhile, until the same problems began occuring. I brought it to the verizon store, and after a call to insurion, i walked out with a brand new Env2. I love it so far and i was hoping i wouldnt have the same problem. (while i was at verizon, a lady walked in complaining about the same issues as me, and she had a voyager, so i assume its a bug in LG's systems)

Collapse -
enV2 not charging

In reply to: Env2 charging

It was replaced under warranty, the customer service rep (a different, more polite and helpful person) said I was the second person he saw the with same problem with the new one. I'm closely watching how my son is treating the phone, but one of his friends hasn't had a back on it forever, it has been covered with duct tape and it only now has been having intermittent problems. They all abuse their phones far more than my son does with no problems, so.....
I was very happy with how this new person treated us, though. I had emailed Verizon, and I'm pretty sure everyone that accesses the accounts can see any activity, including correspondence. The day after we got the new phone, Verizon sent me an email asking if I was happy with the resolution; that may have had something to do with our positive experience the second time around. I didn't "push the envelope" and question the first $50 we paid for the insurance decuctible, however.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.