Laptops forum

Question

English Student Looking for a Laptop for Around £650

Laptop on a budget of £600 ($800)

Hey, looking for a laptop no more than £650.

Found the ASUS ZenBook UX305UA on a US website and I thought it was pretty close to what I wanted, however they don't ship to England so that's off the cards.

https://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX305UA-13-3-Inch-Generation-Titanium/dp/B01BMERZJ6

Main factors when purchasing are: -Portable (see prefered specs below) -Battery life of 5 or more hours -Relatively good specs that will allow for some amateurish film editing -Display resolution of 1920x1080 -I don't really care for '2 in 1' laptops

Weight: Somewhat important but it's not a dealbreaker, prefably a laptop less than 5lbs and at most 6.5lbs

OS required: Windows

Preferred screen size: Between 13 to 16 inches

Additional Info: A good build, and by that I mean something that looks good but isn't fragile

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: English Student Looking for a Laptop for Around £650
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: English Student Looking for a Laptop for Around £650
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Since I can't see what's available

In reply to: English Student Looking for a Laptop for Around £650

Give a list of what you can get for that much there that came close.

Collapse -
Will this do?
Summary
Screen Size- 13.3 inches
Max Screen Resolution- 1920*1080 pixels
Processor- 2.3 GHz Core i5 6200U
RAM- 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive- 256 GB flash_memory_solid_state
Wireless Type- 802.11 A/C
Number of USB 3.0 Ports- 2

Other Technical Details
Brand Name Asus
Series- Zenbook
Item model number- UX305UA-AS51
Operating System- Windows 10
Item Weight- 2.9 pounds
Product Dimensions- 18.5 x 3.6 x 11.7 inches
Item Dimensions L x W x H- 18.5 x 3.6 x 11.7 inches
Processor Brand- Intel
Processor Count- 2
Flash Memory Size- 256.0
Batteries- 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
Collapse -
I didn't find an exact review.

In reply to: Will this do?

Collapse -
Can't get that

In reply to: I didn't find an exact review.

The laptop, as far as I'm concerned, dosesn't ship to the UK

Collapse -
I wrote I can't find the model you wrote about.

In reply to: Can't get that

So I picked the first one that was close to bring up a BIG DEAL.

I'm running into folk that are totally taken aback that battery times can vary widely. Not across the machines but on the same machine depending on what you are doing.

Collapse -
What?

I don't understand what you're trying to say, you aren't being too helpful

Collapse -
In short.

In reply to: What?

I'm commenting about battery times and how it changes according to use. I supplied a link where the results were there for you to see.

Collapse -
-

In reply to: In short.

Alright thanks for the help, any laptop recommendations though

Collapse -
I lead with

In reply to: -

That I can't guess what's available for that price there.
You need to make a short list so members can comment about them.

My replies was to get across that battery times are highly elastic. If a spec reads out 10 hours we know it could go down to 1 hour. There are folk that have melted down or exploded over that.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.