General discussion

Energizer solar charger ...useful?...

Dec 22, 2008 10:59PM PST

Energizer solar charger ...useful?...

http://gizmodo.com/5116571/energizer-solar-recharger-will-juice-up-your-batteries-usb-gadgets

excerpt:
The heart of the gadget is a simple battery charger, intended for regular rechargeable AA and AAA batteries and primarily powered by an AC jack and assisted by a flip-out solar panel. A USB port is capable of providing power to a connected gadget, which allows the Solar Charger to also act as a sort of extended battery for virtually any USB-powered device, iPods included.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Energizer solar charger ...useful?...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Energizer solar charger ...useful?...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Usedul
Dec 23, 2008 11:23AM PST

You'll need this when skyner takes over so you still have a power source for your gadgets.

- Collapse -
useful solar charger for camping and travelling
Jan 20, 2010 11:28PM PST

With USB DC output interface, like the USB port of computer, works with all USB cables for charging mobile phones(Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, SonyEricsson, Siemens, HTC, Blackberry, Google, iPhone...), and Apple iPod, iPod nano, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle, Apple iPhone/3G iPhone, MP3/MP4 player, handheld game consoles(PSP, NDS etc), CD, PDA, E-book, Bluetooth headset, GPS etc.

http://simenibiz.com/green-sun-power-energy-charger-wholesale/828-3500mah-solar-charger-compatible-the-most-digital-device.html

- Collapse -
re
Jan 23, 2010 11:57PM PST

First of all I have to say that I do not own the product you have linked but I have a similar one and I am lovin it. I am doing a lot of camping in the woods and without this device my cellphone would probably be without power.

- Collapse -
Jan 25, 2010 12:04AM PST

CNET Forums

Forum Info