Rant

Empty partition after redistributing free space with Paragon

Hi, I?m about to commite suicide so I just wanted to make a final query before I do it.I have a 320 GB western digital HD, it has windows 7 (x64) in one partition and data in the other.I used paragon partiton manager to redistribute the free space (don?t ask me why didn?t I use the W7 features please). It did, but the partition with all the data was "not formatted". It showed the exact used and free space (so no data loss) but I couldn?t have acces to it. I manged to convert it to NTFS... still showed the right used and free space, but no luck having acces to the files.So I used the W7 function to check the disk... and after it finishes it the partition with the data is empty, the OS partition is intact, but the other one is empty.I tried everything, so I?m not actually asking for a solution, my question is:Given the fact that I haven?t erased the partition or deteled it or have done anything other than redistribute the free space... will a professional HD recovery be able to restore the filesystem or the files?Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Empty partition after redistributing free space with Paragon
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Empty partition after redistributing free space with Paragon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Iffy!

Did you ask http://www.drivesavers.com what they think?

And given the recovery costs, isn't it cheaper to backup before such dangerous operations?
Bob

- Collapse -
ahhhhhh

Thanks for the answer.... I did something really stupid I?m aware of that. I
was extremely lucky... I managed to recover all the important files with a data
recovery soft.I sure learned something from this:I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN
MESS WITH HARD DRIVES WITHOUT HAVING A BACKUP!!!!
Really appreciate your
advice, I?ll make good use of them right after I back up these
precious, heavenly files I recovered.Thanks a lot.

- Collapse -
So that others may learn, what data recovery software are

you referring to ?

VAPCMD

- Collapse -
A few...

I tried a few... there are 3 softs very alike, they work almost identically

icare data recovery software (which is the one I used)
Easeus data recovery wizard 5.01
Minitool power data recovery 6.5

But to be honest... I was lucky ?cause the partition of the problem was never used for anything else than hosting these files... if I would have installed an OS or even erased and copied files many times in that partition all my data would have been lost or unusable.

- Collapse -
Ok Thanks....I'm well covered personally but this may

certainly help another reader.

VAPCMD

CNET Forums