Dell forum

General discussion

Empty package received from Dell instead of ordered product

by Mieko216 / April 8, 2010 1:52 AM PDT

I have been a Dell customer for more than 6 years now. I have two Dell Systems. I recently, several days ago, purchased a refurbished cooling pad online through Dell only to receive an empty package. When I informed Dell of the matter they stated a replacement would be shipped and today I received a second empty package. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking I can't be the only one to receive an empty package from Dell instead of the requested item. Until now, I have not experienced a problem with Dell.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Empty package received from Dell instead of ordered product
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Empty package received from Dell instead of ordered product
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Time to alert the shipping company too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2010 5:00 AM PDT

Such theft and loss is not uncommon in some countries but here in the US the shippers really look into that since their business is to deliver the product.
Bob

Collapse -
Report it
by Willy / April 13, 2010 1:21 AM PDT

You need to start the process to alert Dell of a problem besides not getting the ordered product but to inform them there's a weak link somewhere in the process. This whole messy business covers the whole trail and its not unfounded besides shipping concerns the factory can too be a source of a problem. In other words, the whole enchilada has to be looked at. Of course, let's not forget weird things do happen.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.