Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

emil group

I have to send a monthly email newsletter to a number of email addresses.
I have been doing this manually every month, selecting individual email address and pasting message and sending one by one.
I have tried to set up a group to make it quicker but I dont want to display all the email addresses in the interests of privacy to all.
I cant seem to find a way to do this.
I am using windows xp pro and office 2007.microsoft outlook
Any advice would be appreciated.
George

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: emil group
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: emil group
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Use BCC.

In reply to: emil group

Collapse -
Depending on how many people you are sending to

I usually make groups of email addresses.

One group for AOL,Yahoo, hotmail & msn, Comcast and one for others. Try to limit the amount of people, because it you send too many, you newsletter now becomes SPAM. I send them all Bcc. This way no one get the other persons email address.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Collapse -
(NT) many thanks

In reply to: Depending on how many people you are sending to

Collapse -
One at a time

As mentioned if you send too many at once they can be viewed as spam. While the BCC works well, I have also found that using Word and doing a mail merge to e-mail works well too. You also have the added ability to personalize the e-mail by putting in the person's name and/or business name in the body of the e-mail.

When merged it sends each e-mail individually so it is less likely to look like spam.

Collapse -
email group

In reply to: One at a time

Thanks very much, very helpfull
George

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!