General discussion

Emails in Entourage

I'm having trouble viewing entire emails that have pictures etc. All the comes up is a questions mark where the image should be. How do I view the entire email?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Emails in Entourage
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Emails in Entourage
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Check the Entourage preferences,

you may have a setting that tells Entourage NOT to download in-line pictures.

Been a while since I used Entourage so I cannot tell you exactly where it is, I just know that it is

Do you see an icon that says "download pictures" (or words to that effect)

P

- Collapse -
Emails in Entourage

We have the same problem and it arose after we updated MS Office 2008 using the update 12.2.7. In addition, Entourage is randomly crashing on my Mac Pro. I rebuilt the database without resolving the issue and can not find a setting that turns image loading on or off. The option to load images disappeared after the update. We run OSX 10.6.4

Jay

- Collapse -
Emails in Entourage

After more troubleshooting I found a setting in Entourage Preferences that affects loading pictures into messages. In the Security tab there are options for loading pictures. After the upgrade to 12.2.7, my wife's setting was changed to "never". We changed ours back to automatic loading of images if the sender is in our email address book. We did not want to automatically download all pictures since some viruses inhabit graphics.

You can add a sender to your address book easily by clicking on their address then added to your Entourage address book.

Jay

- Collapse -
Type of email being sent

I've been using Entourage 2008 for quite a while and occasionally run into the same thing. Look at the attachment box at the top of the email. As I recall. if it is an ".e" rather than jpg or pdf file it won't open on a Mac. I think that was made on a Windows PC and is only for them. Ask the sender to redo the photo in jpg.

CNET Forums

Forum Info