Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Emailing picture from folder

by Jolly Roger / July 9, 2004 12:35 PM PDT

In using win/ XP, when attempting to email a pic from a folder, after selecting "keep original size" or "make all my pictures smaller" ... the then selecting "OK", the next screen says " Send mail" .... then disappears ...thge email never appears so that I can put in an address .... the process never completes itself so I can address the email ..... What process/program needs re-installing and how do I accomplish it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Emailing picture from folder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Emailing picture from folder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Emailing picture from folder
by Tufenuf / July 9, 2004 1:45 PM PDT

Jolly Roger, All you have to do is first open Outlook Express, click Create Mail, the do just what you posted above and your picture will be attached to your e-mail where you can then fill in the other info.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
''Mail recipient'' doesn't work.
by Cursorcowboy / July 10, 2004 2:40 AM PDT

1. The article [Q306098] states that when you attempt to use Outlook Express to send mail from a hyperlink, to send mail by using the "Send To" feature of another program, or to send mail by using the "New Message" feature in IE, OE may not be used to send the message and can occur if: OE is not registered as your default e-mail program or an entry for the default mail client is missing in the registry.

2. In addition, the article [Q821403] discusses and explains several symptoms and problems that you may experience when you right-click a file, point to Send To, and then click Mail Recipient.

3. Download and use patch, "#19 - Add Outlook Express as Default Client" from the Kellys-Korner site.

Collapse -
Re: ''Mail recipient'' doesn't work.
by Jolly Roger / July 10, 2004 10:10 AM PDT

Cursorcowboy, you hit the nail right on the head .... the problem was that somehow OE was no longer the default email program ...... just a few seconds work fixed it ..... Outstanding !!!! Thanks so much !!

Collapse -
Re: Emailing picture from folder
by Cetin Denislam / July 10, 2004 2:57 AM PDT

There is a precise cause for that anomaly. However, it was provided a workaround procedure. Did you tried that ?

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.