HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

Question

email retention on ZTE 992 mobile device

by philpense / April 14, 2016 5:41 AM PDT

This is an Android 4.1.1 phone and has no contract. Installed MS outlook mobile and have not found a way to save selected emails to the device. Looking for a way to make a "document" out of selected emails so that they can be read at leisure so they can be read at a later time without a Wifi connection. Additionally, there is a Google + app that I would want a similar facility. Guidance sought

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: email retention on ZTE 992 mobile device
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: email retention on ZTE 992 mobile device
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
IN thunderbird I do that
by James Denison / April 14, 2016 5:51 AM PDT

using the IMAP method. Under synchronization and storage I have it set to "keep messages on computer for this account". Under Disk Space I have it set to "synchronize all messages locally regardless of age". Nothing like that in Outlook?

Collapse -
Not outlook mobile, which is what the OP mentions (n/t)
by Pepe7 / April 14, 2016 9:19 PM PDT

n/t

Collapse -
Answer
Skip doing this on the cell phone
by Pepe7 / April 14, 2016 9:24 PM PDT

Login to your email on a PC or laptop. Using your choice of email client, save/export selected email messages as text/doc/pdf/etc, and throw these files in a cloud storage site such as dropbox. Open dropbox on your android device and save such desired emails for offline viewing on the cell phone in the 'Offline Viewing' folder. Done(!)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.