Desktops forum

General discussion

Emachine T6212 Freezing Problem

I bought this michine almost a year ago.. the problem first started with it freezing up with a high pitch sound coming from my speakers when running the xp home version and factory settings this kept happening for the next few months.So i thought it might be,not having enough ram so i boosted up to 1gig of ram and still the proble persist i then thought maybe its the sound card so upgraded the sound card to the Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS. started to play some movires from the Hard dive and music and again it freezes up with the same loud high pitch buzzing noise from the speakers after it freezes..So i thought i buy Upgrade the OS system to Windows Media 2005 maybe this will solve the problem and still even after doin this a full reformate it still does it.. if anyone can help please let me know thanks.. specs of my computer are below...
======================================================
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ 2.0 GHz
Math Support: Present
BIOS: RS480 - 42302e31 Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, 03/0
Bus Type: PCI, ISA, USB
Ports: 1 Parallel, 1 Serial
Memory: 1407 MB (24% Utilized)
Floppy Disks:
Hard Disks: 149.05 GB, 152.66 GB
Multimedia: Sound, CD-ROM
Video: 1280 x 768 in 32-Bit Color, MSI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series Ver. 6.14

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Emachine T6212 Freezing Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Emachine T6212 Freezing Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
seems like the hard drive is breaking...

In reply to: Emachine T6212 Freezing Problem

consider getting a new one.

Collapse -
warranty

''I bought this michine almost a year ago....''
I would use my one year warranty before I purchase any replacemant parts.
Collapse -
The sound of music??

Do a scandisk of your hard drives. If the surfaces are corrupted (as opposed to files) it may recur during the scan. If that happens a new hard drive is in order and you had better backup your files ASAP. Try defragging the drive. This will reposition the data to different parts of the drive. This could also be a good indicator of whether or not the drive is failing. If file are corrupted you may have to reformat the drive and start over. There is software that will "scrub" the surfaces and in many cases recover areas of the hard drive that were corrupted. Gibson Research's (grc.com) SpinRite v6 is such a software. There are others. Let us know.

A question comes into mind here: Why not take care of it under warranty when it first came up? What about now?

and life goes on...

Jack

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.