Desktops forum

General discussion

Emachine T6212

I recently bought this and added a 250 WD HDD, a gig of ram, a x700 Pro GPU, and a Audigy ZS. I also put an 80mm fan on the little slits on the case panel that opens and a PCI fan. I want to make my cpu even cooler and was wondering if anyone could reccomend a water cooling system that would fit in the case. Any help on this would be greatly appreaciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Emachine T6212
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Emachine T6212
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Long Live TA

In reply to: Emachine T6212

Was the drive you added Serial or IDE

Collapse -
Hows it run?

Hey,

I am about to do just about the exact same thing and wondering how does it run? Do you use it for gaming? What kind of graphics are you getting out of it? Is it fast and good multi-tasking? does it start up fast? Are you using the operating system that came with it? Anything else you can tell us, please Silly

Thanks,

SeaninWa

Collapse -
Amazing....

In reply to: Hows it run?

Hi Sean,

You and others have been concerned about the 300W power supply of the T6212 and especially if it can handle the GF6600GT Video Card, and you didn't mention it?

I find it amazing that the T6212 can handle that much additional wattage and LongLiveTA never mention a word about performance with the OEM 300W power supply.

It seem to add 97Watts to the T6212 using this as a guide:
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/Power_Supply_Calculator.php?cmd=AMD

Add Hard Drive = 25W
Add 2 sticks RAM = 20W
Add 2 fans = 4W
Add Sound Blaster Live Audigy = 18W
Add a Video Card = 30W minimum (X700 wattage unk)

Total: 97W

Collapse -
Thanks and...

In reply to: Amazing....

Hey,

Just so I understand are you saying LongLiveTA hasn't responded about the factory power supply and it's subsequent performance? Sorry I am a bit confused from your post.

Like, I am not sure what you mean "I did not mention it"? Or was that not directed towards me? Damn one way conversations lol. Now when you say "LongLiveTA never mention a word about performance with the OEM 300W power supply", do you mean he hasn't mentioned it and you want him to or not to ever mention anything about it? Sory just confused, maybe cause I just woke lol.

So long story short I woul dvery much like to know how the factory power supply is performing, please Silly

Also the video card too Happy

Thanks,

SeaninWa

Collapse -
Welcome, and

In reply to: Thanks and...

LOL. Well, I'm amazed that the T6212 can handle that much additional wattage and LongLiveTA never mentioned a word about performance and/or the OEM 300W power supply.

Sorry if my wording is confusing, but you didn't mention anything about the power supply in your post. Perhaps he (LongLiveTA) will answer your questions and say something about how the power supply is holding up. I'm also wondering how or if water cooling would have an effect on the powersupply.

Collapse -
Yep

In reply to: Welcome, and

I apologize that I didn't reply earlier ( I do not watch forums religiously as a general rule of thumb :P). Anyway, yes to my surprise that little PSU can handle all of that, although i'm sure it's going to conk out because of the heavy load on it. And thanks for bringing this to my attention I completely forgot about the PSU! XD. I will be purchasing a bigger psu on monday because i'm sure I need it.
And my question about the water cooling I went to Tom's Hardware and opted for this http://www.acortech.com/.sc/ms/dd/1116053366455051/9/nc/Cooling%20Products--CPU^2FVGA%20Cooling%20Accessories/2359/EC-TWC-A04%20External%20or%20Internal%20Water%20Cooling%20Solution some arctic silver 5 and a CoolerMaster 420w PSU. (Those of you who asked about the GPU and sound card, the x700 is great, I run my games at 1280X1024 and I get a smooth Framrate with everything turned up. And the Sound blaster Live and the Audigy 2 zs is a big difference, you will love it. However if you do decide to go with this system, you will want to uninstall all the crap they put on it.)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks very much for reply :P

In reply to: Yep

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks, and for the link on the water system.

In reply to: Yep

Collapse -
How's that Audigy ZS working for you?

I put a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 in my eMachines T-6212 and have had ALL kinds of problems. I was going to upgrade to the Audigy 2 Value which is similar to the Audigy 2 ZS.

Just wondering if you'd had any issues with it.

Thanks

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.