Computer Help forum

General discussion

emachine has stop recognizing blank dvd's

I have burned lots of movies with the same blanks I normally use but now it won't recognize them at all...It says 0 bytes on free and used space...I'm not the smartest on cpu's but how is a whole spool of dvds without any bytes...they start to burn and then they fail at 1%....Need help...

emachine t3418

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: emachine has stop recognizing blank dvd's
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: emachine has stop recognizing blank dvd's
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: need help.

In reply to: emachine has stop recognizing blank dvd's

Need a new burner, maybe?

Kees

Collapse -
don't know

In reply to: Re: need help.

the disc wont read as recordable when I open them at all...thats before I try to burn the disc

Collapse -
(NT) A failed drive could do that.

In reply to: don't know

Collapse -
Could be...

In reply to: emachine has stop recognizing blank dvd's

you are setting your regions if illegally burning+copying and you have now done in your drive. Assuming you are not burning illegal copies, go to the My computer icon , right click, properties, hardware, device manager, uninstall the drives, restart and let Windows re-detect them. Also, use a dvd drive cleaning disk, could simply be dirty. Another problem which is quite common is the power supply going bad and they won't burn\read correctly or your dvd burning software has caused an error, try to uninstall it, reinstall along with the steps of uninstalling the drives\reinstalling drives. Do a system restore to a point it worked or you can shut the pc down, unhook the drives manually, turn on pc, shut down re-hook drives, restart.These steps have worked quite often to get DVD drives back to working order , HOWEVER, if all else fails, it may simply be as stated, a bad drive. Emachines, HP, DEll are good for this happening so as I said, try the steps above first.

Paul

Collapse -
thank you all

In reply to: Could be...

I contacted Emachines and they also recommended doing the same so I'm trying that...Let you know if it works..

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.