The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

emachine

by esand / September 30, 2005 12:53 AM PDT

I have an emachine eTower 600is that I bought in 2000 for $999. It is still running great and I have been very pleased with it. I particularly like how simple it has been, for an amature like me, to add new componets. So far I have added a new sound card and a cd burnner. With the purchase of my digital camera I have relized that my emachine is getting old, so my next challenge is to upgrade my ram. My mannual tells me what to use and how to put it in so I forsee no troubles. I am really happy with my decision to buy an emachine, it was the price that initially got me but now I feel the best feature is the money its saved me through upgrades.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: emachine
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: emachine
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
i have emachine 600is also
by steve89z / February 11, 2006 7:46 AM PST
In reply to: emachine

i've had it since 2000! got it at ubid for $179! came with 10gig 32mg ram no cdrw.i added wd 120gig hd,256ram (max for this 600is) a 52x32x52 cdrw and new modem and it is fast! i've been thinking about a new computer since it is only 600 celeron and i can get a new p4 2.4 dell at $200! they are dirt cheap! but i seem to be attached to this 600is,it works fine! only thing that went bad was the cdrom and that's a samsung,no fault of emachines.have fun!

Collapse -
i have a emachines 500is
by smulla26 / March 6, 2006 6:14 AM PST

I upgrades the ram and have 160 mb and added a 40 gig drive a few years back with winxp on the 40 gig drive i upgraded the 4 gig drive that it came with from win 98 to win me, and now its a dual booting system. The only problem i have is when i did the upgrade the floppy connection was fried. Its a good second system but my emachine T6212 does most of the gaming and work for me. Im planning to add linux ubuntu which anyone can get from the website. Its a good system i upgraded the modem and its pretty fast as well as the cdrom drive to a dvd-rom with 3dfx 16mb video card to the mix.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!