TVs & Home Theaters forum

Alert

Electronics Expo WARNING ( Dont Lose your Money)

I purchased a 52' Samsung LCD TV 3 years ago and purchase with it a 3 Years Extended Warranty ( Total 4 Years Warranty).

On December 21st 2013 my TV started giving me problems with the screen. I called the Store and told them, they said to take the unit to the store it is still in warranty till march 2014.
After 4 weeks and me having to call every time,( I never receive a call) they said the TV cannot be repaired. And according to the warranty purchased if the unit cannot be repaired it will be replaced by the same OR Similar Unit.

What Store manager "VINNIE" Is asking me to do is To purchase a new TV and they will pay half (1/2) Of the cost. And I'm sorry but I paid for a warranty Not for a "DISCOUNT COUPON". This should be replaced free of charge. They are now refusing to exchange My TV.

I will not Give them 1 Penny More than what i have already paid them. This company is a Rip OFF. They are trying to get money out of me when i have already purchased the TV and Their supposed extended warranty. Which apparently doesn't do anything. Worst company I have ever deal with.
Now I'm with no TV and no money or replacement

I Have Filed Complaints WITH BBB. and will continue to pursue a resolution.

ANYONE LOOKING FOR ELECTRONICS STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM ELECTRONICS EXPO.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Electronics Expo WARNING ( Dont Lose your Money)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Electronics Expo WARNING ( Dont Lose your Money)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Electronic Expo Warranty

In reply to: Electronics Expo WARNING ( Dont Lose your Money)

I am having the same issue with the warrantee that I purchased for my TV at Electronic Expo. The TV stopped working in January and when I called the Electronic Expo company in wayne I was told it went out of business. I then reached a number on their website and when I called I was told that they were handling the warrantees. They arranged for someone to come out and look at the TV. When the technician came, I was told they could not fix my TV because they did not have the piece that they needed. I was told they would need to take my TV to fix it. I reluctantly agreed, it has been two months and I still don't have my TV back. Every time I call, I am told that the piece they need to fix the TV is on back order. They are also telling me I can upgrade to another TV since they can't give me a time frame for when the piece needed to repair the TV will be in. I was told the upgrade will cost 1/2 the price of the TV. I happen to speak to someone by the name of Vinnie as well, so now I am stuck without a TV, if I don't agree to buy the upgrade they want me to purchase. I plan on filing a complaint with the BBB as well, thank you for posting.

Collapse -
Warning! warranty scam alert!

In reply to: Electronics Expo WARNING ( Dont Lose your Money)

Expo/Glamazon LLC continue to disappoint. My TV was picked up for repair and guys showed up without a proper work order and gave me a solid time frame of two weeks for repair and return. Upon pickup I was updated to a 2-3 week window by the two guys whom hauled my tv out. I had to request the pick up guys sign a paper stating that they took the tv without physical damage. The time came and I chased Vinny and Mike at Expo in Wayne to get an update as to what is going on with my tv. Well, not very surprised that now they say my parts are back ordered and it will be up to 8 weeks for the complete repair, So no disclosure was ever made prior to the pickup of my tv. O the 5th week I am told That parts are one week out and I will be getting a call with an update of delivery time. 6th week is upon us and I once again chase them for an update and I am told that the one tech they have working had a death in the family and has been out the entire week. I'm sorry I feel for the guy but how is that my problem? Very unprofessional of a company to not have proper staffing and try to buy more time by now telling me what may seem as an excuse to most. No matter what the situation, a solid company makes provisions for these type of situations. I was also told today that it is not infact a part from LG that is on order. It is from another company and now I fear that these replacement parts may not even be new replacements. I called LG directly prior to allowing Expo/Glamazon LLC the opportunity to fix my tv under warranty and LG has had the part available for shipping upon request. What sort of BS is going on here. I have remained very compliant and understanding up till this point and requested from Mike and Vinny at Expo/Glamazon LLC, a proper work order and with full disclosure as to how they operate as a company for performing repair jobs. I was told to be patient and given a verbal break down of how they operate and time frames for repair work. I cordially explained to both Mike and Vinny that it is all hear say and this is starting to stink. I now have their attention and they are considering a total replacement of my broken tv with a new unit. I believe its a bluff to buy more time and I am done with the BS. There is a reason companies such as these go under. I could have bought the replacement part out of my own pocket directly through LG for $50 and not spent hundreds of dollars on a worthless and or hard to enforce warranty. Please let this be fair warning when dealing with Expo/Glamazon LLC.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.