Since it's mains power involved you have to get an electrician to look at it since it could result in a fatality. Also, anyone that gives you advice in a forum on any other action must tell you this is free advice and you can't hold them liable for your injury, pain or death.
I recently moved from the UK to Brazil and have been getting sharp electric shocks from my laptop whenever a monitor is plugged into it.
I have tried two different monitors using both VGA and HDMI cables and it occurs with both. I have been connecting this laptop to different monitors for a couple of years in multiple countries and never experienced this before,
Would this suggest there is some kind of issue with the wiring in the house?
Could it be anything to do with adapters I am using? This seems unlikely as I have tried all the adapters with just my power cable connected and have no issues..
When just the power cord is in, I get no shock, but when either of the monitors is connected I INSTANTLY get the shock.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! (PS I know very very little about electronics and wiring etc).