HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Eddie George released by TN Titans

by Angeline Booher / July 22, 2004 9:23 AM PDT
The Titans yesterday released Eddie George, the running back who became the face of the franchise after the team's move to Tennessee

George is no longer a Titan. The player who rushed for 10,009 yards and had fans chanting his name every step of the way from Houston to Nashville was released because of a contract negotiation that ended not too far from where it began back in February.

George, 30, is now an unrestricted free agent entering his ninth NFL season. The Titans, meanwhile, reached agreement on a one-year contract with former New England Patriots running back Antowain Smith yesterday. He and second-year pro Chris Brown will take over the running game

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/04/07/54734391.shtml?Element_ID=54734391

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Eddie George released by TN Titans
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Eddie George released by TN Titans
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Eddie George released by TN Titans
by Mary Kay / July 22, 2004 9:44 AM PDT

Hi Angeline, Right arount the corner in preseason Browns at titans Aug 14.

Collapse -
by Angeline Booher / July 22, 2004 9:55 AM PDT

Yep! Looking forward to it, MK.

It's hard to judge if George will be missed. I know that I will miss Wycheck the most. (He is the tight end who retired after repeated concussions.)

Hopefully, we will have some good young 'ns to fill in the gap.

Angeline

Collapse -
by Mary Kay / July 22, 2004 11:17 AM PDT

Have a good season. We won't meet in reg. season this year.

Collapse -
by Paul C / July 22, 2004 12:01 PM PDT

Angeline,

Stuff happens. From what I read today, he's 31, been banged up the last couple of seasons, may be declining talentwise and wants a boatload of money.

This is a tough business. But this should make you feel better: After this season, Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison are free agents. Now put yourself in Bill Polian's shoes. The Colts might let James go; he's also been hurt and has yet to totally regain his form. But how can you let the best receiver in the NFL walk? Peyton Manning got $94 million to re sign; bet Indy winds up paying Marvin darn close to that...

Collapse -
by Angeline Booher / July 23, 2004 8:04 AM PDT

Hi, Paul,

Sure is hard to predict how soon, if ever, a player will regain his top performance. And I don't know how long a team can wait before releasing them.

IMO, and strictly IMO, Frank Wycheck was very instrumental in George's records. He was a superb lead blocker, as well as "Mr. Dependable" catching passes. (Of course, a running back needs to know how to follow his blockinng.)

Must say I am always glad to hear re: Peyton doing well.

Angeline

Collapse -
Y'all need to watch out for the
by Rick S / July 22, 2004 1:10 PM PDT

Falcons. If mike vick can stay healthy and they sign the rookie CB as well as shore up SS. The falcons have done a good job of filling their week spots.

I'm not saying super Bowl but a definate spoiler.

The most electrifying player in the NFL + a solid WR core (for the second time ever) + the best O line coach in the business + one of the best D coordinators + west coast offense + ...sorry i'm getting myself too excited.

Dadgummit I can't wait for football season to start!

Collapse -
Re: Y'all need to watch out for the
by Cindi Haynes / July 23, 2004 12:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) See ya in pre-season!
by Angeline Booher / July 23, 2004 8:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) September 3rd---Be There!
by Cindi Haynes / July 23, 2004 9:33 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Just a little bit longer, Rick
by Mary Kay / July 23, 2004 2:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Y'all need to watch out for the
by Angeline Booher / July 23, 2004 8:12 AM PDT

Hi, Rick,

I seems like every year our DC and/or OC are snapped up by other teams. Sad Our receivers should do okay, if they stay healthy.

I wish your Falcons the best.

HOld on, pal! Pre-season is just around the corner.

I heard the other day that this year there will be 19 straight days of football on TV. Happy

Angeline

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Eddie George signed with the Cowboys
by Angeline Booher / July 23, 2004 8:13 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.