Phones forum

General discussion

Easy way to get connect to the net with a pocket pc

by ronsauerman / March 26, 2006 9:39 AM PST

I noticed the Nintendo DS has a really small portable USB device that you could connect to any pc and uses WiFi to connect Nintendo DS to the internet to play game over the net and I was wondering is there anything like that I could get to connect my pocket pc to the internet so I could surf the net on my pocket pc. I doesn't matter if its WiFi or Bluetooth because I'am planning to get new pocket pc. Does anyone know of a really small portable device that could you could to any pc to surf the net on a pocket pc? Thanks for any suggestions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Easy way to get connect to the net with a pocket pc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Easy way to get connect to the net with a pocket pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
More information please...
by John.Wilkinson / March 26, 2006 10:20 AM PST

It's unclear from your post what you're looking for.

First, what PDA do you have? That is a huge factor in what options are available.

Second, what is it that you need to wirelessly enable? Is it your PDA, your PC, or both? You need a wireless router and a WiFi card for your PDA to make this happen. What do you have already?

Finally, there's no such thing as a really small portable device that connects to any PC to enable it to give of a wireless connection. There's such a thing for PDAs, as there is for the DS. The assumption is that a wireless setup is already present to connect to.

Give a should back with the info and clarification.
John

Collapse -
Reply to: More information please
by ronsauerman / March 26, 2006 1:36 PM PST

My PDA is a really old Dell doesn't have a wireless support thats why I want to get a new one but all I just want to know if the was an item like the DS WiFi USB Adapter, which you plug into you computer's USB port to creates a WiFi connection for those who don't have an wireless Internet connection, but instead to connecting the DS to the net I wanted to connect a PDA to the net but if no technology exists like that I guess I have to buy a wireless router.

Collapse -
Maybe This
by olderone / March 26, 2006 3:18 PM PST
Collapse -
I think your right
by ronsauerman / March 27, 2006 1:00 PM PST
In reply to: Maybe This

Yes, I think that is what I am looking for. Thanks for the help I'm going to see if I can find any other simple likes like that Zyxel ZyAIR B-220.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!