General discussion

E3300

Hi. Good day to all. I wish to upgrade my processor from the celeron 430 to an E3300. They say that I need to upgrade my BIOS...uhmmm...I don't really get how this works. Can somebody kindly explain this to me or provide a link that would provide an explanation, and a download link would be nice too if this is a download-able software.

Oh, BTW my board is a MS-7387. if that could help,

Hope anybody would care to reply
Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: E3300
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: E3300
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: upgrading

A search on the msi-site for 7387 gives 2 models at
http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=searchresult&keywords=7387.

However, the CPU-support link for both doesn't mention E3300. Are you it's supported?

You can also download the latest BIOS here. I've never updated a BIOS myself, so I can't tell you how to do it. But maybe the instruction is in the zip-file? Or else I''m sure somebody else will be able to tell.

Kees

- Collapse -
E3300

Thanks a lot Kees. I've just notice it now that i wasn't compatible. good think i haven't bought it yet.

once again Thanks ^_^

CNET Forums

Forum Info