Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

General discussion

E-mails from our caring CNET members

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 7, 2006 6:41 AM PST

I sincerely thank you all for these very thoughtful e-mails. You all are caring and wonderful group of people.

Sincerely,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

"As one of your dedicated Canadian fans, I send deepest sympathy on the loss of your colleague, James Kim. Our press had been following the story, and the tragic ending shocked us enormously. What a brave man he must have been. I?m very sorry for your loss. "

"Mr. Lee Koo & CNET Family:
Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your friend, Mr. James Kim. All of us who receive your newsletters, and appreciate the help you all give to thousands of us, cry with you. He sounds like a very brave, interesting person..."

"Lee - sorry for the loss of your associate. Life is so fragile we should never take it for granted, as we all do, daily."

"Please forward to all concerned - especially Lee Koo.

I got your newsletter and was reading about James Kim. At the same time, I heard on the news that he had been found. I am so very sorry about the loss of your colleague and friend.

In October we had a similar experience with a friend that has dementia (and was found alive), and my heart goes out to the family."

Respectfully,

"Hi Lee,

I'm saddened to hear of the recovery of James's body today. I extend my heartfelt sympathies to his family both at home and at CNET.

Sincerely,"

"I just got the news, and wanted to extend my sympathy for your loss."

"OUR MEMORIES ARE THE ONLY PARADISE WHERE WE CANNOT BE CHASED FROM"
BY JEAN PAUL

WE ARE DEEPLY SADDENED ABOUT THE TRAGIC DEATH OF YOUR PARTNER IN BUSINESS
AND WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU OUR MOST SINCERE CONDOLENCES.

---

SOMETIMES WHEN PEOPLE SAY "IT WAS MEANT TO BE", WE SHRAG IT OFF, BUT IN JAMES KIM'S CASE IT SOUNDS LIKE THE TROUTH - HOW COULD IT BE OTHERWISE, THAT A MAN WHO HAD KNOWLEDGE (AND ACCESS) TO WORLD'S MOST ADVANCED GATGEDS GETS LOST IN AMERICA'S WOODS WITHOUT A GPS, FUNCTIONAL PHONE OR ANY OTHER OF THE MANY ITEMS WHO ARE USED TO CALL FOR HELP?
LET HIM R.I.P.

A BIG HUG TO ALL OF YOU AT CNET"

"My condolences to all you guys at CNET. Just heard the news today about James Kim. I share in your sorrow."

"Dear Lee and CNET staff,

I was so very sad to hear the awful news that Mr. Kim didn't make it. I offer my heart-felt condolences to you and the CNET staff, and especially to Mrs. Kim and her children. There really aren't any words to express the grief we feel when a good man passes on. Is CNET going to establish a trust fund for the children?

With much sympathy,"

"Lee,

I just watched the latest update, and I was crushed when they stated that James Kim's body was located. I am so sorry to hear that, especially for his family as well as all the friends and colleagues who worked with him.

I am not close to any, but have been a subscriber to your membership news for some time, and just wish to extend my sympathies to all of you.

My heart and prayers go out to his wife and children. God bless you all."

"Dear Lee:

Sorry to have heard on the news last night about C-Net's great loss of your colleague James Kim. Our thoughts and prayers are will his family and friends. I'm sure he will be deeply missed."

"My deepest sympathies on the tragic passing of James, I wish Gods blessing on his family and on his colleagues at C net."

"our deepest sympathy goes to james kim family, i only hope i would have the spirit to go for help knowing the odds of survival.je is with his god now."

"Dear C-Net:

"I can't express enough sorrow for the loss of James Kim, to both his family and his co-workers. I had held out hope and sent him my prayers, but on the ride home, tonight, I heard the tragic ending. It was also at that time that I found out he worked for C-Net, of which I am an avid fan.

Please accept my sincere thoughts for the deep loss that you must all be going through right now. I am so sorry."

"Hi, how are you? I am writing to convey my sympathies . I read about James Kim and his family on Yahoo News."

"I am new to C-Net and enjoy all the great information that can be garnered from your site. Whether a novice or mainstream electronics geek, you've got the best info on product, prices and the rationale behind the utility.

However, my thoughts are with all the CNet staff who grieve the loss of James Kim, a colleague and friend. Such a tragic death, one that will be hard for all of his coworkers to reconcile. It is my hope that each of you has a Spiritual connection that will help you through this painful and senseless time. May God bless."

"I am so sorry about your friend, James Kim. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends."

"MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY OF MR.KIM BOTH HIS REAL FAMILY WHO HAD ALREADY SUFFERED SO AND HIS WORK FAMILY. Any loss of life is tragic but to pass so young and so near to the holidays only adds to the sorrow."

"I just saw the news on television. God go with Mr. Kim's family, friends, and his CNET family. We are so very sorry."

"Our family sends condolences to the CNET family and to the wife, daughters and family of James Kim. It is so sad and how lonely and scared he must have been at the end. Our thoughts are with you all."

"MY DEEPEST DEEPEST SYMPATHY FOR YOUR LOSS OF SUCH A GREAT GUY... JAMES KIM WAS A SUCH A GENIUS AND WILL BE MISS BY THE WHOLE CNET CYBER SPACE FOR SURE...
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO HIS CLOSE FAMILY AND FRIENDS...
A GREAT LOSS A VERRY SAD DAY IN CYBER SPACE..."

"I was very sorry to hear of the death of your friend and associate, James Kim.

My thoughts are with you and his family."

"Please pass along Condolences to the Kim family for their loss. Mr Kim demonstrated the Real meaning of Heroics. A much abused word, Mr Kim did what many in the world fail to doe. He put the welfare of others before himself. May GOD bless him and his family for the sacrifice he made and may his children grow knowing their Dad cared more for then than for himself.

Thank you"

"So very sorry to hear the news about James Kim.
Wishing you all condolances at this most difficult time.
The only good news is that at least his family survived.
Wishing you all the best at this terrible time."

"I'm so sorry, I just heard the news about Jim. You are all so helpful and kind and I know he must have been too!
Why does this always happen to the good guys.
My heart goes out to you all and his beautiful family

Just got the bad news on FOX NEWS ABOUT Mr. Kim, Wish it had been better news.
Our prayers are with you and the family."

"Lee Koo. Thanks, for keeping us informed about James. It was very sad to learn he had not survived. He gave his life searching for help for his family."

"Condolences to the CNET Family and the Family of MR. Kim

My deepest sympathies go out to the family of your former colleague James Kim, may he rest in peace."

Best regards,

"i am sorry to here about the loss of one of your friends."

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: E-mails from our caring CNET members
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: E-mails from our caring CNET members
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
James Kim
by Klahansua / December 7, 2006 7:26 PM PST

My condolences to his family and friends on a great loss. He will be sadly missed.
Mo

Collapse -
Very sorry
by marybk / December 7, 2006 8:31 PM PST
In reply to: James Kim

When I heard that the search was over, I felt a wave of sadness. The online community truly is a community as real as our neighbors and we lost a friend.

==MaryBK

Collapse -
James Kim
by jennywren1420 / December 8, 2006 12:58 AM PST
In reply to: Very sorry

I am only one of so many people, both CNET members/readers and others, who awaited good news of James Kim. Our hopes have not been realized, and so I send you all my sympathy, a small thing in the face of such a great loss to you (and us
--even those of us who never knew him personally) but some comfort, I hope, in your time of greatest grief and thereafter.

My heart aches with you.

Jenny

Collapse -
Did technology help?
by Historian / December 7, 2006 9:52 PM PST

If I remember right, I thought I heard on the news that one of the reasons that they were able to locate the girls was that they got a momentary GPS fix off their cell phone. So possibly because of Jim's affinity for techno-gadgets he was more directly responsible for helping save his family than he is given credit for.

Let me add my condolences to the list and best wishes to those left behind.

Paul K., VA

Collapse -
The man who touched many
by dawnt42 / December 7, 2006 11:58 PM PST

Although I don't know you, your name is familiar. Your face walked into our livingroom on the evening news as we followed the rescue of your family. Our hopes and prayers went out to you all as we waited and the news was hard to take. You had taught me much about technology and now you touched my children teaching them the values of courage, strength, love, sacrifice, family and the list goes on. The pictures of you and your family say so much about you. Our thoughts and prayers go out now to all those who knew you and loved you. For this family in Northern BC, we will never forget you.

Collapse -
True Meaning of Love
by bob koopman / December 8, 2006 12:56 AM PST

I had been following the new reports about James, but I didn't realize he worked at cnet. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. He knew the true meaning of love and sacrificed himself in order to try and find help for his wife and children. I would have been proud to count him among my friends. Godspeed and may you rest in peace James.

Marino
Brooklyn, NY

Collapse -
James Kim
by jeffrob / December 8, 2006 1:30 AM PST

I was deeply greived to hear of the death of James Kim. Please accept my heartfelt condolances to his family, co-workers and friends, including those who only knew him through the media he so aptly used. His perky personality and humor were a joy and very endearing. He obviously cared about people, who couldn't love that.

I truly hope that he is indeed in a better place. There are some prerequisites to that and I hope that he had thought those through. Sometimes our technological world insulates us from the realities of our mortality and the questions that attend it. I certainly hope that wasn't the case with James.

For those who might be inclined to do a little thinking of their own:

and are science oriented - http://www.reasons.org/resources/apologetics/gospel_presentation.shtml

or philosophically oriented - http://www.rzim.org/resources/jt_index.php

just want the facts - http://guidance.gospelcom.net/answer.htm

Collapse -
A Great Man
by Ed-duh-win / December 8, 2006 2:23 PM PST

I didn't know that James Kim was working at CNET although I had read reports of his disappearance. I thought initially "Oh, another one of missing people just like an episode I saw on Discovery Channel on I Shouldn't Be Alive". Boy, was I wrong. I opened the newsletters today and found out that he was an editor at CNET. His name then rang a bell. He occasionally wrote the CNET Music newsletters. Then a wave of sadness swept over me.

We lost such a fine man. Fate just had to take him away from the world. Sometimes fate is so cruel to us. As a fan of his work, I cannot express how sad I feel. My heart goes out to Mr. Kim's family.

Edwin
Surrey, BC, Canada

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!