Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

E-Mail add on's.

How can I embed graphics into the body of an e-mail. I don't want to send them as an attachment.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: E-Mail add on's.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: E-Mail add on's.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Since you didn't tell us . . .

In reply to: E-Mail add on's.

what email you're using, we don't know either.

Collapse -
E-mail add on's

In reply to: Since you didn't tell us . . .

I'm using yahoo and I have Vista on the lap top and XP on my PC.

Collapse -
Using Vista and Windows Mail...

In reply to: E-Mail add on's.

I open "Create Mail" then select "Insert" in the top menu. Other e-mail programs must have similar procedures.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Collapse -
Add graphics

In reply to: Using Vista and Windows Mail...

Thanks, I'll give this a try. I hope I can take the graphics from my pictures and my documents.

Collapse -
Experiment a little...

In reply to: Add graphics

I have never had a problem with jpeg files and some others... not sure if document files will work.

See what works for you.

Glenn

Collapse -
Embeding graphics.

In reply to: Experiment a little...

I did do a little experimenting and finally figured out a way it can be done. Works like a charm on exerpts from my documents after changing them to jpeg files. This can be done in a round about way.
Thanks again for your input.

Collapse -
Great! Glad you found a fix...

In reply to: Embeding graphics.

sometimes we need to find a work around.

Merry Christmas!

Glenn

Collapse -
Work around

In reply to: Great! Glad you found a fix...

Right you are. All I needed was the motivation. Happy New Year.

Collapse -
Thanks for the reply...

In reply to: Work around

My curiosity is getting the best of me. Every time I see your CNet name I think... what is a rockpicker? Does it have some special meaning such as being a stone or gem collector... or are you working hard time in a detention facility or could it be a stone cliff climber. Just curious... no response needed if you prefer.

Thanks! The devil made me ask. Grin

Glenn

Collapse -
Whats in a name?

In reply to: Thanks for the reply...

My son and I own a rockshop. We collect, cut and facet our stones, then turn them into jewelry. On the side I am a self taught artist and have tried my hand at graphic design. Just wanted to learn how to share them without long tedious uploads and downloads. By the way I'm a 77 year old lady, still going strong.

Collapse -
Ahhh... somewhat as I had guessed

In reply to: Whats in a name?

Thanks for the reply! Keep up the good work... stay active both mentally and physically. Sounds like you have a lot of grit that will serve you well in a long and productive life. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity... that name was unusual. I wish the forums still had the feature of viewing members profiles... sometimes it is nice to know members better.

Thanks again! Happy New Year!

Glenn

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.