Desktops forum

Question

E; Drive on Desktop not working

by OtakuGirl85 / December 22, 2012 10:21 AM PST

Ok so my sister restored my four+ year old Emachines desktop computer that has Windows Vista (btw) and my E; drive is not working cause she told me there so much stuff on it and it's hanging in there. Any ideas on how to fix it? Solutions?

Here's the system info

Model EMACHINES T5271
S/no GCJ86 900 11698
SNID 825009390

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: E; Drive on Desktop not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: E; Drive on Desktop not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Pleaset tell more.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 23, 2012 4:02 AM PST

What WERE your c: and d: drives and what IS your e:-drive?
What ARE your c: and d: drives and what IS your e:-drive?
What do you mean with "not working"?

Kees

Collapse -
E; Drive on Desktop not working
by OtakuGirl85 / December 23, 2012 6:12 AM PST
In reply to: Pleaset tell more.

The CD drive I ment ,sorry. I'd also asked that on the TWiT Town Commons forums page also.

Collapse -
CD drives aren't expensive
by wpgwpg / December 23, 2012 6:29 AM PST

You can replace a CD drive for about $20, so if yours isn't working, it's pretty easy to replace it on a desktop. If you want to do it yourself, you just remove the cover, remove 2-4 screws, unplug two cables (power and data), replace the drive, and reverse the process. Just be careful to keep those fingers off the other parts.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Blu-Ray Burners
by OtakuGirl85 / December 24, 2012 4:06 AM PST

I'm planing to get a Blu-ray burner but the is ceritan equipment I need to get what are the best prices for those?

Collapse -
It's a big world.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2012 4:27 AM PST
In reply to: Blu-Ray Burners

And lots of dark alleys out there with the lowest prices. But I don't shop there.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Does this drive show in "My Computer"?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 23, 2012 3:35 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
E drive
by pgc3 / December 24, 2012 12:37 AM PST

If you right click on the E drive in MY COMPUTER what does it show??

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?