Question

E; Drive on Desktop not working

Ok so my sister restored my four+ year old Emachines desktop computer that has Windows Vista (btw) and my E; drive is not working cause she told me there so much stuff on it and it's hanging in there. Any ideas on how to fix it? Solutions?

Here's the system info

Model EMACHINES T5271
S/no GCJ86 900 11698
SNID 825009390

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: E; Drive on Desktop not working
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: E; Drive on Desktop not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Pleaset tell more.

What WERE your c: and d: drives and what IS your e:-drive?
What ARE your c: and d: drives and what IS your e:-drive?
What do you mean with "not working"?

Kees

- Collapse -
E; Drive on Desktop not working

The CD drive I ment ,sorry. I'd also asked that on the TWiT Town Commons forums page also.

- Collapse -
CD drives aren't expensive

You can replace a CD drive for about $20, so if yours isn't working, it's pretty easy to replace it on a desktop. If you want to do it yourself, you just remove the cover, remove 2-4 screws, unplug two cables (power and data), replace the drive, and reverse the process. Just be careful to keep those fingers off the other parts.

Good luck.

- Collapse -
Blu-Ray Burners

I'm planing to get a Blu-ray burner but the is ceritan equipment I need to get what are the best prices for those?

- Collapse -
It's a big world.

And lots of dark alleys out there with the lowest prices. But I don't shop there.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Does this drive show in "My Computer"?
- Collapse -
Answer
E drive

If you right click on the E drive in MY COMPUTER what does it show??

CNET Forums