Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

dvdxpressdx2 help!

by myork58 / April 26, 2010 9:05 AM PDT

I have a dell computer and am using winmdows xp home. I got a dvdxpressdx2 and have hooked it all up and installed all software. It looks like it's going to work until I try to preview the movie. I get nothing. and I even tried to do the direct to disk feature and all it did was finalize the blank disk and waste it. Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: dvdxpressdx2 help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: dvdxpressdx2 help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Let's look at the reviews and note a COMMON PROBLEM.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 28, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
In reply to: dvdxpressdx2 help!
http://www.amazon.com/ADS-Tech-Xpress-Video-Converter/dp/B000DZDMB6 appears to be this product.

There are issues with machines but disregarding that and "CODEC" issues the more common problem with blank content is COPY PROTECTED VHS TAPES.

A proper product should result in blank recordings. Nothing wrong here. It means the copy protection worked.
Bob
Collapse -
Sorry but that's not the problem
by myork58 / May 1, 2010 3:55 AM PDT

These are my home movies and don't have a copyright. Any other ideas?

Collapse -
Sounds defective.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 2, 2010 3:25 AM PDT

When you get a defective product you send it back.

Collapse -
thanks but no thanks
by myork58 / May 2, 2010 2:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Sounds defective.

You're a real Sherlock Holmes aren't you. If you can't be constructive in your answers please don't waste my time by replying

Collapse -
Since they don't support you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 4, 2010 10:24 PM PDT
In reply to: thanks but no thanks

And it doesn't work out of the box, what does that tell you about their product?

It does not take a Sherlock Holmes to figure that out but sometimes it takes others writing replies like mine to push the point home.
Bob

Collapse -
did at one time
by myork58 / May 4, 2010 10:43 PM PDT

It woked when I first got it but not now so obviously it it did work at one time. And did you ever think that people don't like to be made to feel like they are idiots by people who don't have all the information and instead of asking for it they just think they know it all and put it out there with that tone. Since you're no help at all please don't waste my time by posting anymore.

Collapse -
This is not what you posted.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 4, 2010 11:48 PM PDT
In reply to: did at one time

Just to be sure I checked and re-read your first post. I read it again (now 4 times) and you wrote it looked like it was going to work and failed.

That's a classic sign of a not ready for market product. On top of that you found they don't support you. That's strike two.

Many posts later you change to it did work at one time but not a word about what's changed on this machine since then. That's where I call it the third strike against this product and time to send it back.

-> Maybe the old uninstall reinstall could fix it, but you are not the idiot. The companies that continue to market unreliable products are. The only way to get the message back to them is to return the unreliable gear.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.