Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

DVDACCSS error message on XP Home

When my PC first logs on the following error message is displayed: DVDACCSS could not be opened: The system cannot find the file specified." Couls someone please give some possible causes.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DVDACCSS error message on XP Home
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DVDACCSS error message on XP Home
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Typographic errors in your post mean...

In reply to: DVDACCSS error message on XP Home

No solution. Take more care in posting and post in the Forum that is your OS Forum and maybe an Application Forum.

Bob

Collapse -
Me, too!

Surely someone out there knows the fix for this. Please helpo us.

Thanks,
**** Monical

Collapse -
DVDACCSS not found

In reply to: Me, too!

I get the same message each time I restart my PC.
But everything seems to work, and there's an icon that looks like @DVD next to the clock until I clear the DVDACCSS could not be found window.
C:\windows\system32\dvdaccss.sys does exist, so why can't it be found?

Collapse -
DVDACCSS file could not be found

In reply to: DVDACCSS not found

HELP! I get this error message when I boot up, it prevents me from cloning DVDs using 3rd party software. I need this file reinstalled. Anybody know step by steps? I'll build a small temple on the Mall in downtown Washington DC for you . . . Thnx.

Collapse -
Same issue.

In reply to: DVDACCSS file could not be found

Collapse -
DVDACCSS

In reply to: Same issue.

In WinXP I get the following message during start up: Can't find DVDACCSS. What has gone wrong ?
I can trace the file to C:\Windows\Win32drivers\dvdaccss.sys.
Is this file necessary? May I remove the call to this file and from where is it called, and may I remove the file ilself?
Thank you for an answer.
Best regards
B

Collapse -
Tell me what's in your C:\PROGRA~1\DVDACC~1

In reply to: DVDACCSS

I need more clues. The directory C:\PROGRA~1\DVDACC~1 is the short name and I need not only the full name but what's in that directory to see what software is involved. Your post was slightly better without the typo so I could find out a little bit more.

Bob

Collapse -
DVDACCSS is annoying the **** out of me

In reply to: Tell me what's in your C:\PROGRA~1\DVDACC~1

Please let me add my name to the ones putting up with this annoying error message. What file? How can it be removed?

Collapse -
Answer my question and we'll get it done.

In reply to: DVDACCSS is annoying the **** out of me

You could help us solve this.

Bob

Collapse -
DVDaccess is software install from DVD Live and BD Live disk

I began have the same problem after my son run a Blueray movie disk in my computer. I could not find anyway to get rid of the message. I found free software call freefixer and did a scan. It show software called DVDaccess had files missing which I knew. I selected delect/fix the files that had DVDaccess in them and run it.
No error message on boot up! Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.