Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

DVD without Audio

by odoyle_21 / April 3, 2008 5:52 AM PDT

I have a dvd that is copied to my computer, and now I tried burning it and everything is perfect, except one of the concerts has video but no audio? Is works fine when I play the files on my computer, but only once burnt. I tried burning it a couple times, but the same thing happens.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DVD without Audio
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DVD without Audio
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: burned DVD
by Kees Bakker / April 3, 2008 5:58 AM PDT
In reply to: DVD without Audio

What was the original DVD? A normal retail DVD?
How did you make the copy of that original DVD?
Does the original happen to be copy-protected (using some DRM scheme)?
What format has the file on the hard disk?
What format did you burn it in?
What burning program did you use?
Where do you do the viewing? Another PC, a regular DVD-player? If a PC: what OS?
What exactly do you mean with "only once burnt"?
What exactly is "one of the concerts". Is it one DVD with many concerts, only one of which misbehaves if you burn them all to the same DVD to match the original?
Did you try a direct DVD to DVD copy using your burning program?

Kees

Collapse -
Here's the specs...
by odoyle_21 / April 3, 2008 6:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: burned DVD

I was waiting for a reply like this...

Well...

It's my Led Zeppelin DVD (double disc), and yes, original. I copied it to my computer a while ago and now I'm trying to make a copy and disc one is fine, but two has this issue. When I say "concerts" I refer to one of the concerts you can choose from the main menu. All other concerts work on both discs, but this one concerts (all songs during this concert), has no audio.

I believe I ripped it with DVD decrypter. If I recall corectly...

I'm not possitive on the file type as I'm not at my computer at the moment. I think it's vob.

Burned with Nero 8. Just drag and drop the "video_ts" folder onto the Nero Express (create DVD video) screen and burn. Works with every other DVD, just this one concert...

When watching it on my own laptop, the one it's ripped to, does it work perfectly. It isn't working when I watch it on my DVD player. I'm using XP.

I cannot burn from the original DVD anymore as they were stolen...

Collapse -
I was waiting for info like this, indeed, ...
by Kees Bakker / April 3, 2008 6:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Here's the specs...

but I can't see anything that is wrong. You expect both DVD's of a set to be the same, technically speaking. Probably they aren't. Sorry, that I can't help. Maybe somebody else comes along.

Trying another burning program is all I can advice. I don't know if free cdburnerxp from www.cdburnerxp.com could do the job (of translating the audioformat to something a standard DVD-player recognizes). But as it's free you could try.

Kees

Collapse -
Thanks anyway
by odoyle_21 / April 3, 2008 6:21 AM PDT

Maybe I'll try fooling around with it again once I get home. There's gotta be something...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.