PC Hardware forum

General discussion

dvd-rom and dvd-rw/+r drivers not found on system

by setmeup4 / October 22, 2007 5:45 AM PDT

Grandson's comp (compaq presario) had recently had hard drive cleaned and we are in process of re-installing hardware...but, the 2 dvd drivers are not found on system and can't find the back-up discs done when comp was purchased (lost in move I guess)

How do we find these drivers to install them??????

Thank you all in advance!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: dvd-rom and dvd-rw/+r drivers not found on system
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: dvd-rom and dvd-rw/+r drivers not found on system
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Keep in mind that for Windows...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 22, 2007 5:47 AM PDT

Those drivers are on the Microsoft Windows CD (all versions from 95 to Vista.)

If the CD/DVD drives do not show up in Explorer, it's not due to these drivers but something else. Tell more and try this article.

Collapse -
dvd rom and comp info
by setmeup4 / October 22, 2007 5:59 AM PDT

Grandson had evidently lost the windows cd and backup cd's when moving, so, do not have that aid ( Grandson's comp IS registered with windows though)....is there any other way to get drivers to download free?

Grandson's Mom is helpless with comp and I am just a touch more able, lol...but not much where this area is concerned! (Grandson is autistic, and if he knows, he isn't sharing!) Happy

Grandson's comp is a Compaq Preasio with windows xp home edition service pack 2

Collapse -
(NT) My bet is on that link I supplied.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 22, 2007 6:00 AM PDT
In reply to: dvd rom and comp info
Collapse -
(NT) thank you will try and let you know results :)
by setmeup4 / October 22, 2007 6:01 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?