TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

DVD CHANGER

by RichardIL / July 20, 2006 11:14 PM PDT

Any user reviews on this model? or a better model suggestion? Thanks
Sony DVP-CX995V 400

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DVD CHANGER
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DVD CHANGER
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Get it
by kena10 / July 21, 2006 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: DVD CHANGER

If you're looking for a dvd changer that will handle video upconversion, play mp3's and SACD's, the
DVP-CX995V is the way to go. Save 150 bucks and get the refurbished model from the Sony outlet.

Jimmy

Collapse -
re: Get it
by RichardIL / July 21, 2006 2:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Get it

Thanks for the reply Jimmy. You own this model? I would like those options, but have read the picture is good, but some of the bells and whistles don't work well. I have no problem entering disk info and I understand the loading time will be a little slow because of quantity. The issues that concern me are the automatic loading of the previous disk and losing disk info if it's removed (my son watches DVDs in another room at times). Let me know if these really are issues please. I appreciate the input.

Collapse -
re:get it
by RichardIL / July 21, 2006 2:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Get it

Jimmy, one more question. I've read mixed reviews on this model and most "complaints" don't bother me. The manual indexing is not a problem and I expect it to be a little slow loading. What about the issue with losing all data if the unit loses power even temporarily, is that true? Also, if a disk is removed it loses the data? My kids are always taking DVDs in another room to watch. Thanks for the input.

Collapse -
Well...
by kena10 / July 21, 2006 10:39 PM PDT
In reply to: re:get it

As far as owning this unit, I own the previous model (DVP-CX985V) which lacks the hdmi upconversion.

As far as having issues with the unit losing all the information, I'm really not sure as I have not tested this feature. Once you load a disc into the unit, ti should display some sort of information in the indexing screen. Right now, I'm using mine as a straight out cd changer in my living room and I'm goin to get the 995V for my basement and hook it up to my 60" XBR1. Since my intentions to use this machine are solely for storing movies into it and have them ready to be seen, I can give you a tip.

If you decide to get it, get a battery backup for it and your tv, so you don't lose your data for all the movies you store in there. Secondly, If you so decide to put a bunch of moview in there, compile a spreasheet so you know which movie goes where, that way if you lose your data, you can enter it back. Also, this would apply to a cd or dvd you took out. When you put it back into the changer, put it back in the same slot you had it before and the data should remain the same.

I hope this helps

Jimmy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.