Computer Help forum

General discussion

Dvd Burn Help?

by FshrKing / January 29, 2009 10:29 PM PST

Hi, I've having trouble trying to copy photos from my computer to a dvd+R 4.7gb 120min. I don't have any problems copying on cd-R 700mb 30min. I'm using Nero 6 Express. I click on data, than click on make data dvd icon. This will take me to add files to burn on the disc. At the bottom of the file box their is a number like graft that indicates how much information you have added, (500mb, 150mb up to 450mb. I now see a box with current recorder (cd dvdrw dvd). Second option image recorder. I click the first option. Reading at 16 X. I add files and than click burn. It starts the process, however it states burn process, please wait
Than after three or four message I get a box that states, burn process failed at 16x22.160kb

What am I doing incorrect

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dvd Burn Help?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dvd Burn Help?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Checkout
by Willy / January 29, 2009 10:42 PM PST
In reply to: Dvd Burn Help?

If you've used it before to burn DVDs then it maybe seeing the end of service, kaput in other words. You may want to try a lower burn speed from 16X and see if it can get by. Otherwise, if by chance you're using a different set of blanks than before, be sure to buy different(name brand) or back to what worked before(if applicable). Also, be sure the blanks are what is supported, like +R/-R versions. Last, cheap blanks tend to cause issues on an older burner, so cheap is cheap. You may want to try yet another burner s/w. Use CDburnerXP which is free and works great(it does), just google for it. If you get that and it fails again, then very likely the burner is going bad. A replacement DVD burner is fairly inexpensive.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Cd/Dvd
by FshrKing / January 30, 2009 3:03 AM PST
In reply to: Checkout

Ok, I downloaded the xp version, however the same thing happen. I've tried Verbatim dvd+R and Tdk dvd+R and it's a no go. I've tried the regular cd-R and it's a go but with less storage space.
Do you think it will only work with dvd-R. That's the only thing I haven't tried.
I've copied movies, however I never tried to copy photo's from my computer using a dvd +R or -R before. The computer sticker on the modem list (double layer burning 8.5gb max capacity. Dvd+/-rw cd rom. I have a T5026 e-machine.

Collapse -
Re: burning error.
by Kees Bakker / January 30, 2009 3:05 AM PST
In reply to: Cd/Dvd

Things to try:
- DVD-R(W). Unlikely to succeed.
- head cleaner
- new drive

Kees

Collapse -
Get new DVD burner
by Willy / January 30, 2009 5:14 AM PST
In reply to: Cd/Dvd

I didn't mention in my initial post but someone else did, try a CD cleaner or canned air, blow it out. If it still fails, more than likely a bad burner. A DVD burner uses two different lasers and/or different angles to burn unto a blank media. While one works the other doesn't is a case of less than capable burner, replace.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Try other software.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 29, 2009 10:42 PM PST
In reply to: Dvd Burn Help?

I've used CDBURNERXP on DVD so there could be something amiss with the Nero or you need to pull back the record speed to something like 2X. Some owners will not accept that we need to pull back on the speed. Maybe there is a tutorial why we do that.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.