General discussion

DVD audio through HDMI TV system and stereo speakers

I have hooked up a new Toshiba SDK990KR DVD player to my LG HiDef TV with the supplied HDMI cable to HDMI 2 on the TV. The TV is hooked up to the DirectTV DVR/Receiver with an HDMI cable and uses HDMI 1. The feed from DirectTV comes through the TV speakers AND is also hooked up to my Technics tuner by using the audio out on the DVR to the audio in on the tuner thus allowing big sound through the stereo speakers.

The DVD player audio comes through the TV speakers just fine. HOWEVER, when I turn on the tuner to get DVD sound through the big speakers, I still get HDMI 1 audio.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I will be in your debt.

Joel

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: DVD audio through HDMI TV system and stereo speakers
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: DVD audio through HDMI TV system and stereo speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Its got to be in your TV settings.

Dig around the audio settings of the TV and see if there is a setting for "pass thru" or something of that nature. And make sure the audio out is generic audio out on the back of the TV, not audio our associated with a specific input.

- Collapse -
2 questions;

Does the tv have coax or optical audio out connection? Does the Technics have coax or optical audio in? You cannot expect the dvd audio to go from the tv to Technics without any connection.

- Collapse -
Wait. Did you say you have an cable connecting

audio out on the DVR directly to your AVR?

CNET Forums