Laptops forum

General discussion

dv6000 laptop networking problem

by Martonikaj / December 16, 2007 7:42 AM PST

I have had my hp dv6000 laptop for about 5 months and its been great so far, but for about 2 weeks now ive been having networking problems. often the wireless will not work after a shut down or a restart, and now it has progressed so that the wired networking is not functioning correctly. i have tried rolling back and reinstalling drivers as well as searching for new ones. i go to the "Device Manager" to try and enable to wireless card but it is not even visible, as if the computer is unaware that i have a network card. i was able to live with the wireless not working sometimes, but now that i cant get to the internet at all on the machine, it gets harder to fix the problem.

any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: dv6000 laptop networking problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: dv6000 laptop networking problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You might be affected
by PudgyOne / December 16, 2007 8:22 AM PST
Collapse -
Got it. thanks.
by Martonikaj / December 16, 2007 3:04 PM PST
In reply to: You might be affected

Received an email not too long after posting telling me that my computer was in the serial number range of the computers which have been effected. I downloaded and installed the New BIOS that they suggested would help, which did nothing. i spoke with a customer service rep and they are sending me a box to put my computer in and send to them. once they get it, they said a 4-6 day turn around back to me.

the email page said that the network card not responding was one of the most reported issues.

Collapse -
I got one, also
by PudgyOne / December 16, 2007 4:47 PM PST
In reply to: Got it. thanks.

My daughters computer was having screen problems. Sent to them. It was back in very good time. Bios didn't do anything for my sons, neither. It works great except, when you create a new restricted account or open the guest account, It will not connect. He hasn't said anything, so I just going to sit and wait. We all have serpeate Laptops so there isn't an issue here.

Rick

Collapse -
Thanks for the help.
by Martonikaj / December 17, 2007 9:07 AM PST
In reply to: I got one, also

about how long was your total turn around time? I am currently in school and not having a computer really cuts into my schoolwork, especially with the winter break projects. the statement that i received today said that the box will arrive tomorrow and there will be one day shipping each way. there was, however, no official statement on the repair time. any ideas?

Collapse -
(NT) It took about 1 week
by PudgyOne / December 17, 2007 9:15 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks for the help.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.