Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

DUPE HECK BASE

by Linda S / June 23, 2004 9:44 PM PDT

Haven't got a clue what it is or how it's found its way onto my computer but I've got this toolbar which keeps appearing. Even when I go into the View Toolbars and uncheck Dupe Heck Base it still keeps reappearing for a while.
I have done a search to see if I can locate it with a view to deletion but it's not finding anything.
Can anyone tell me what to do to get rid once and for all? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DUPE HECK BASE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DUPE HECK BASE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: DUPE HECK BASE
by Yew / June 23, 2004 9:51 PM PDT
In reply to: DUPE HECK BASE

It's called spyware.

Go to Google or search engine of your choice, type in phrases like "spyware removal" and even "dupe heck removal" and follow instructions found on a search result page.

Then stop using Internet Explorer as a web browser to keep this from happening again. With default settings, it's possible for this sort of garbage to be installed on your system without a single notice to you. Get a copy of Mozilla or Opera as a replacement, and only use IE for Windows Update -- which you are visiting at least monthly right -- and Windows Update alone.

Collapse -
Re: DUPE HECK BASE
by Cursorcowboy / June 24, 2004 12:28 AM PDT
In reply to: DUPE HECK BASE

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!