General discussion

Dual Monitors Won't Wake Up. I think I'll put a Bullet in em

Hello There! Man I hope someone has seen something like this before.

Hardware: I have 5, brand new HP Compaq 8000 Elite Ultra-Slim Desktops, all of which are connected to Dual HP LE2201w monitors using an HP Display port adapter.

Issue 1: Second monitor stays blank on bootup and will not wake up. Half the time unplugging the adapter from the computer will work. Most of the time this requires a reboot

Issue 2: Second monitor suddenly says "No Input Signal and goes to sleep. Resolved same way as issue 1.

Issue 3: Second monitor says "Input signal out of range, please adjust resolution to...." but still shows the second desktop, only now it's fuzzy. Resolution is already set appropriately though. Rebooting seems to be the only fix.

I have found this problem everywhere on the internet with none of the solutions working for me. I have 4 other users in my department. All have the same issues.

What I have done:

1.Tested the display adapters on a Lenovo laptop. I do not have issues this way, so I don't believe it's the adapters.

2. Installed newest Intel graphics driver (sp46811) and updated BIOS (sp48219). No change.

3. Deactivated all power settings in control panel, BIOS, and on the physical monitor. Still sleeps.

4. Spoke to HP Tech Support. They believe it is the adapters. Anyone else have similar issues?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Dual Monitors Won't Wake Up. I think I'll put a Bullet in em
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dual Monitors Won't Wake Up. I think I'll put a Bullet in em
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Make it easy.

Ask for a fix or refund. It's new, all their stuff and fails.

No doubt here. That's a product failure.
Bob

- Collapse -
Yeah that's kind of what I figured.

Was hoping there was a quick fix I might have missed. hah. Thanks.

- Collapse -
If there is a quick fix.

Then HP would have it ready. If we get defective new gear, returning once support fails sends the message faster than anything.

You won't be the only one returning it.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info