Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

DUAL DVDRWs

by vmbanks / December 17, 2004 7:25 AM PST

Does anyone know if there's any company which manufactures Dual Layer DVDRW - or +
Many thanks

Vince

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DUAL DVDRWs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DUAL DVDRWs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dual Layer DVD-RW
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / December 22, 2004 12:22 AM PST
In reply to: DUAL DVDRWs

I assume you mean Dual Layer DVD-RW media as opposed to recording hardware.

Searching around on the internet, the only thing that I can find is DVD+R. They are about $9 each.

Looks like the media people are behind the curve.
The same thing happened when they came out with 4X DVD burners. There was no media available for several months.

Collapse -
When I read the sales pitch...
by Art / December 22, 2004 2:41 AM PST
In reply to: Dual Layer DVD-RW

You know..when I see the sales pitches about the dvd burner, I get the feeling that I should be able to use my 4.7G dvd media and get twice the milages. Am I wrong in that?

Collapse -
DVD Burners
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / December 22, 2004 3:23 AM PST

I'm not sure what DVD burner you are referencing.

But you can put more movie content on a standard DVD by compression.

I have a set-top DVD burner (Sansui) which can record in four modes on standard DVD-R/RW media.

Fine - 1 hour
SP - Standard Play - 2 hours
LP - Long Play - 4 hours
EP - Extended Play - 6 hours

When you go to LP or EP, the pictures quality is decreased. The "Fine" setting will give you better than standard quality.

Some computer software will let you do the same thing, using the computer DVD burner.

The dual level burners and media is supposed to give you twice the play of SP (standard play) with the same quality pictures.

Collapse -
dvd dl
by usn_m_adair / December 6, 2005 12:07 PM PST
In reply to: DUAL DVDRWs

if your looking for dvd dl (two layers on one side) you can find everything you want at www.tigerdirect.com. they have the cheapest that i have seen. memorex 25 pack dvd+r dl 8.5gb for about $55-$60. i just bought 50. they are good.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!