General discussion

DSLR that's able to give me infrared images?

Are there any dslr's on the market that can mimick or produce images like b+w shot on infrared or is a plug-in for photoshop the only alternative? I'm still shooting film and I'm almost always shooting on infrared but time, etc is against me and I'm able to spend very little time in the darkroom any more so I've been seriously considering going down the digital line. Thanks for any help anybody can give me!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: DSLR that's able to give me infrared images?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: DSLR that's able to give me infrared images?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I'm sure the Canon 20D and above can do this, and DSLRs

from other manufacturers undoubtedly also can do this. It is done with the use of an infrared filter coupled with somewhat longer exposure times. There have been magazine articles on this subject. Here is the source of one of those.

- Collapse -
Big thanks

Cheers for the info and the link to the artice. I'll be sure to do some more digging to see what I can uncover and hopefully make the best choice. I know that digital film tools have an infrared plug in for photoshop, avid, after fx, etc but I'd rather have some control over the source image.

CNET Forums