General discussion

DSL Help

i currently reside in a home w/ an at&t dsl connection, i will be getting a 2nd dsl line into the home.

how can i go about setting up phone jacks to read 2 separate dsl lines w/o at&t coming into my home charging insane price to set up the jacks to read the 2 separate dsl lines.

what would i need to do it myself inside the home & outside the home in the box ?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: DSL Help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: DSL Help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Are you good with wiring?

If not this will not make any sense. But today's ATT DSL is unlike any system I've seen in years. I decline from write a tutorial but will give you a solution based on the new Att Uverse solution.

In Att's Uverse your phone comes from their DSL/Voice/Internet box,. In face it supports 2 lines NOW in their current hardware so all that is needed is that last link to your common 4 wire phone house wiring.

Again, I offer no tutorial.

The common house phone wiring has 2 lines now. The inner pair is line 1 and the next outer pair is line 2. So all we need is the OFF THE SHELF 4 WIRE PHONE cable from the back of the Uverse DSL/Phone/Internet box which is CLEARLY MARKED in all units I've seen and from that to the usual wall phone socket.

Bingo. 2 lines.
Bob

- Collapse -
Sheee...don't talk too loud,

at&t might hear you. Are you serious, 2 for the price of 1? How does it work if the other wires are not connected? just curious.

- Collapse -
Why do you need . . .

a second DLS line? What are your plans?

CNET Forums

Forum Info