Cameras forum

General discussion

dsc-t50 vs dsc-n2

by jasminlwong / March 4, 2007 5:46 PM PST

Which camera is better the dsc0t50 or dsc-n2?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: dsc-t50 vs dsc-n2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: dsc-t50 vs dsc-n2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Good Question
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 4, 2007 10:57 PM PST
In reply to: dsc-t50 vs dsc-n2

I can't decide either.

Here are reviews on both cameras:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/t50.html

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/n2.html

Then, here is a comparison of specifications:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=sony_dscn2%2Csony_dsct50&show=all

Owners of both cameras seem to have complaints about both cameras:

On the side-by-side specification chart, notice the red stars.
Click on the link right under the red stars.
This takes you to owner opinions.
Read them all.
There are only 5 for each (so far).

Collapse -
Looks like the DSC-N2 is the one to get
by blaine100 / March 5, 2007 2:07 PM PST
Collapse -
VERY close race
by PMoody / March 5, 2007 2:59 PM PST

I know the dilemma and ended up with a T50. The image stabilization and low light capabilities got me. In a decently lit room, I can fire off more shots and get pretty good, useable pictures. Pictures with the flash proved better but take more time.
I tried the N2 for only a few seconds, it just didn't feel as good.
But with such a close race between the 2, you really can't go wrong. All I say is try both out in person and get what is more comfortable.
Best of luck in your desicions!!
btw...you might want to wait to peek at the T100 with face recognition and ISO 3200 (if my memory serves me correctly). The news on this one just came out.

Collapse -
I would prefer ANY of the T series...
by shahrokhan / March 6, 2007 8:20 PM PST
In reply to: VERY close race

The T 50 has double anti shake which gives it quite an edge over the N2. The N2 has 10.1 MP pictures are Very BIG and most probably not necessary. They take more space and time to transfer. 8MP is more than enough.

As suggested abovve you could wait for the t100 and t20. Currently the T10, 30 and 50 are almost the same and good enough.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?