Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

drwtsn32.exe error!

by chopsuey / April 4, 2005 6:50 PM PDT

hi!

i have a problem in my computer, with an error that appears often!

i have the OS windows XP SP2. first appears an error with explorer and if i have any explorers open they close!
when i have real player open appears sometimes an error with explorer and the an error with drwtsn32! i go to the task manager and there was maybe 10 real player applications on! and 4/5 drwtsn32 running! the desktop frozen and i can do nothing till i stop all the real player and drwtsn32 running!

can some help with this?
thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: drwtsn32.exe error!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: drwtsn32.exe error!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Remove Real Player
by glb613 / April 4, 2005 7:48 PM PDT
In reply to: drwtsn32.exe error!

from the startup group. Go to run, type in msconfig and click on the startup tab. Remove the check mark from Real Player and any other program set to start when you boot the computer you don't need.

What programs do you use to prevent or remove sypware? How about an antivirus program?

Collapse -
programs
by chopsuey / April 4, 2005 8:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Remove Real Player

i have the norton antivirus installed and de norton internet securit.

to prevent or remove spyware i have the adware SE personal, spybot and xoftspy.

i can't try the msconfig now because i'm not in my pc at the moment!but i must remove check from all the programs, even office, norton,...?

Collapse -
Not all programs
by glb613 / April 4, 2005 9:47 PM PDT
In reply to: programs

just the ones you don't need at startup.

Collapse -
msconfig
by chopsuey / April 4, 2005 11:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Remove Real Player

i can't tell witch check to mark! Sad there're some programs that i can recognize but the real player i cant! there's one in commom application/real/...
could be this one?

Collapse -
try this
by glb613 / April 5, 2005 4:10 AM PDT
In reply to: msconfig
Collapse -
check
by chopsuey / April 5, 2005 7:40 AM PDT
In reply to: try this

i tried the site and removed the check of:
igtxtray, nkcmd, qttask

but i have 1 question about it, the rundll32 have one more word , is like "rundll32 cmicntg", and i didn't found it in the site! can it be damage?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.