General discussion

DrWatson Debugger locking all access

Please help - I am a user not a programmer therefore the answer will need to be fairly specific and simplified. Here's the problem: A few days ago my access to the control panel, word, excel, etc type programs has been denied due to a pop-up that says DrWatson Postmortem Debugger Report has found a problem and will close. My system has automatic update capabilty and I think this happened after it updated something on Windows XP. I tried to go into the safe mode and was able to get to the control panel and do a system restore back to a previous date. Tried several different dates and all came back saying that it couldn't restore to that point. HELP. I'm panicing here. I use my computer for courses and work-at-home. This is really a major problem for me. I'd appreciate any and all help.
THANKS

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: DrWatson Debugger locking all access
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: DrWatson Debugger locking all access
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try last good configuration...

....at the boot menu instead of Safe Mode. This is similar (but not the same) as system restore.

- Collapse -
System Configuration

OK - when I turn on my computer there are two options. f2 for system settings and f12 for the boot menu. The boot menu only gives four options: normal, hard drive, IDU, and something else. Which one's do I use to get to the system configuration so that I can pick a date prior to when the problem occurred. Sorry - I'm not overly technical.
THANKS

- Collapse -
where can I find a solution about DrWatson Debugger?

I have the same problem on my PC. I see lots of people report this problem but there is NO solutions. Help!

CNET Forums

Forum Info