Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

DrWatson Debugger locking all access

by sedeck / February 8, 2005 10:32 PM PST

Please help - I am a user not a programmer therefore the answer will need to be fairly specific and simplified. Here's the problem: A few days ago my access to the control panel, word, excel, etc type programs has been denied due to a pop-up that says DrWatson Postmortem Debugger Report has found a problem and will close. My system has automatic update capabilty and I think this happened after it updated something on Windows XP. I tried to go into the safe mode and was able to get to the control panel and do a system restore back to a previous date. Tried several different dates and all came back saying that it couldn't restore to that point. HELP. I'm panicing here. I use my computer for courses and work-at-home. This is really a major problem for me. I'd appreciate any and all help.
THANKS

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DrWatson Debugger locking all access
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DrWatson Debugger locking all access
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try last good configuration...
by Papa Echo / February 8, 2005 10:40 PM PST

....at the boot menu instead of Safe Mode. This is similar (but not the same) as system restore.

Collapse -
System Configuration
by sedeck / February 17, 2005 1:51 AM PST

OK - when I turn on my computer there are two options. f2 for system settings and f12 for the boot menu. The boot menu only gives four options: normal, hard drive, IDU, and something else. Which one's do I use to get to the system configuration so that I can pick a date prior to when the problem occurred. Sorry - I'm not overly technical.
THANKS

Collapse -
where can I find a solution about DrWatson Debugger?
by xiaomei / February 17, 2005 1:08 AM PST

I have the same problem on my PC. I see lots of people report this problem but there is NO solutions. Help!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!