Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Drop down Calendars

by alddel-20113355782957216965906184603841 / January 7, 2006 12:28 PM PST

I have a wireless running XP PRO-SP-2. When I open the drop down calendar in Microsoft Outlook or Quicken It closes instantly when I move my mouse to select a date.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Drop down Calendars
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Drop down Calendars
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Drop down Calendar?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 7, 2006 7:18 PM PST
In reply to: Drop down Calendars

I must admit I don't use Outlook Express, but I have just checked mine and couldn't find a drop down calendar.

Is this an add-on?

I know Outlook has a calendar. Is that what you mean?

Mark

Collapse -
Drop down calendar
by alddel-20113355782957216965906184603841 / January 8, 2006 12:34 AM PST
In reply to: Drop down Calendar?

I don't mean Outlook Express, I mean the calendar in Microsoft Outlook. When you want to schedule an appointment you can use a drop down to select the date. When I right click on the drop down calendar it will not let me do it. The calendar closes

Collapse -
Re: Drop down calendar
by Tufenuf / January 8, 2006 12:39 AM PST
In reply to: Drop down calendar
Collapse -
Drop down calendar
by alddel-20113355782957216965906184603841 / January 8, 2006 2:00 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Drop down calendar

Thanks for the help but I could not find the answer there either

Collapse -
Just tried it and right click does close. Left is fine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2006 1:29 AM PST

Interesting but I don't see the problem.

Bob

Collapse -
Drop down Calendar

When you left click on the drop down calendar where it says to select the Start Time and End Time on the new appointment card mine opens but as soon as I move the cursor it closes instantly and will not let me select a date or time. It also does this in Quicken 2006 Deluxe. On other programs I can use the drop downs

Collapse -
Works fine here in Outlook 2000.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2006 2:11 AM PST
In reply to: Drop down Calendar

Here there are fields call Start Date and Due Date. Both operate just fine with the left click and I can't find any reference or use for a right click.

However I see a CLICK+DRAG can highlight a range of days.

So far I can't replicate an issue to be fixed since right click appears to not be a feature in that calendar.

Bob

Collapse -
Which version of Outlook?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 8, 2006 3:54 AM PST
In reply to: Drop down Calendar

Bob says that right clicking does close the calendar in Outlook 2000.

But I have Outlook 2002 and when I have the calendar open, (by clicking on the Calendar link in the ''Outlook Today Personal Folders'' Folders list in the left pane), I can click within any of the days displayed in the right pane, or I can right click and bring up a list of options, eg, New Appointment, New All Day Event, etc.

Is this what you are saying Aldden? When you point to a day in the Calendar and right click to display the drop down menu to create a New Appointment, etc, then the Calendar closes down?

If so, what do you mean by closing down? I can't close my calendar down. I can only call up a different item to display from the Folders list in the left pane. Does your whole Outlook close down?

Mark

Collapse -
drop down calendar
by alddel-20113355782957216965906184603841 / January 8, 2006 4:43 AM PST

I am referring to the start date and time on the new appointment card in Microsoft Outlook 2003 not Outlook Express. Under Start time and date there is a drop down calendar if you use the arrowBeside where it says Start Time and Date. When I open the drop down it won't let me select the date.or time. As soon as I move the pointer it closes

Collapse -
calendar
by alddel-20113355782957216965906184603841 / January 8, 2006 4:46 AM PST

Sorry, I meant left click

Collapse -
Beyond me
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 8, 2006 6:01 AM PST
In reply to: calendar

It's beyond me Alddel I'm sorry.

I have only got Outlook 2002. You say it's left click when you try to click a time or date in one of the pull down menu's for Start date and time and the appointment card closes down.

All I can suggest is to get your Microsoft Office CD handy, and uninstall Outlook and Quicken through the control Panel > Add/Remove Programs applet.

Then take the CD out, and reboot the computer to clear any orphan registry entries, then when WIndows loads up again, re-install Outlook and Quicken.

But before you do, make sure you have no emails saved in Outlook or documents in any of the Quicken program folders and if you do, back them up first. And create a Restore Point before hand as well.

Hopefully re-installing Outlook and Quicken will resolve the problem.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
Wait. Left or right click?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2006 6:06 AM PST
In reply to: calendar

It makes a big difference and you lost a few back and forths as I did test this in Outlook 2000 to be sure.

Now I'm unsure of the issue.

Bob

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) My error Alddel, I read it as Outlook express. My apolo
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 8, 2006 3:38 AM PST
Collapse -
repair outlook vs uninstall
by jhouse67 / January 8, 2006 5:57 PM PST

Before totaly uninstalling outlook,you might try clicking on the help menu and choose the detect and repair option(may ask for installation cd), but should fix the problem; be sure to do a backup first, as previously suggested. option should be avbailable in your version. not familiar with quicken, but if it accesses the outlook calendar fixing outlook my solve quicken as well. good luck.

Collapse -
Outlook Calendar drop down menu
by Mike P123 / November 13, 2008 12:58 PM PST

Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? I ahd the same issue, and long story short for some reason I tried the scroll wheel instead on moving the mouse down the list. The menu stayed open, and I was able to selec the time I wanted.

Collapse -
Outlook Calendar
by robeliot / June 19, 2008 9:15 AM PDT

I was having the same problem and found this solution on a Microsoft Discussion Group. This solution worked for me.

"Actually, I did run detect & repair with no solution. About 5 minutes ago, I was poking around my system. I have Tweak UI installed and was looking at the mouse settings. The box next to "Activation follows mouse" was checked and I decided to try unchecking it and that solved the problem."

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!