Android forum

General discussion

droid 2 random lock

has anyone experienced a random sleep/screen lock even while in the middle of a process? its not like its after inactivity. happens alot when im attempting to take a picture, the screen goes black and its locked itself. it will do it several times in a row, about as soon as I can get it unlocked, it goes black again... any help?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: droid 2 random lock
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: droid 2 random lock
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Droid random lock

In reply to: droid 2 random lock

This could be a number of things.

Have you done a battery pull to reset the phone?

Are you running an app from the market when it happens?

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Collapse -
Have you enabled In Pocket Detection?

In reply to: droid 2 random lock

When I first got my Droid 2 Global, I went through and turned options on that sounded like they would be useful to me. Unfortunately I checked the In Pocket Detection option and my screen would just randomly turn off. My heart sunk every time it would do it because I honestly thought there was a serious flaw with my phone. Once I realized and disabled the option - problem solved!

I hope this is a simple solution for you. <Settings <Display <In Pocket Detection

Collapse -
Droid 2 global

In reply to: Have you enabled In Pocket Detection?

I turned on in pocket detection while my phone was on v2.2...but n,ow that the phone is updated to gingerbread, the option is gone...any suggestions? I think the option is still on because I'm still having this same issue...

Collapse -
in pocket detection

i turned on in pocket detection while my phone was still on 2.2 android. now that it has updated to 2.3 the option is gone, but i think it is still turned on because i am having the same problem where my phone screen turns off all the time if i hold it a certain way.

Collapse -
My In Pocket Detection option has gone MISSING!

Can you help me? I have the Droid Global 2 and I also turned on the In Pocket Detection. I have searched all over the place to relocate it so that I can turn it off, but it is no where to be found. Can you help me locate it?

Collapse -
No longer an option

I'm experiencing this issue as well. When I first got the phone, I enabled in pocket detection. Now, however, the option is no longer available in Settings>Display. I've been searching online & others are having this issue as well, but no one seems to have found a solution. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!